Frances Mildred is seeking an architectural designer to join its team in New York.
Frances Mildred is a multidisciplinary design firm where the notion of making forms the foundation of all of the work. From initial ideas, through the materials we choose to employ, to the final detailed drawings, this notion of something made suffuses all of our conversations.
We are currently seeking an ambitious and intelligent designer who shares this passion for making to help lead our highly customized residential projects. Working collaboratively with the company owners, as well as trusted fabricators and contractors, this individual will be responsible for developing schematic design ideas, producing drawings/renderings for presentation, detailing through the DD and CD process, and playing a lead role in construction administration.
- five to six years’ professional experience working on high-end residential projects in New York City
- specific experience with framed house design and construction is required. Experience with high-end residential apartments and townhouses in NYC is required
- experience with filing projects outside of NYC is preferred
- AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, Rhino, Enscape, Microsoft Office
- love of sketching by hand
- some experience in making, assembling, crafting, creating on a personal level
- experience in both developing construction documents personally, as well as managing junior level staff in CD development
- construction administration and on-site project management experience
No phone calls please.
Submit your resume via the apply for job button below.
Salary will be very competitive and commensurate with experience. We will contact qualified applicants.