Francis Sultana is looking for a furniture designer to join its team in London.
Featured in both the influential AD100 USA, AD100 France and House and Garden 100 list, this highly prestigious design studio count many serious art collectors as their clients. Their experience covers both historical and contemporary interiors, bespoke furniture, lighting and pieces of artwork celebrating artisan crafts using the finest materials from around the world. Sophisticated luxury chic to match their client’s lifestyles.
This vibrant and innovative studio is rapidly growing and currently seeking a furniture designer to join their team. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for a skilled and experienced designer to demonstrate their knowledge and passion for design, ready to take their career to the next level. The successful client will report directly to the creative director and project manager.
With an extensive waiting list of prospective clients, there has never been a better time to join this studio exuding style and personality.
- degree or equivalent in furniture design/interior design
- three plus years’ of experience working as a furniture designer, ideally minimum one year gained in luxury residential
- experience working on all stages of a project from conception to completion
- experience working with various suppliers throughout the design process
- strong concept skills
- experienced in AutoCAD, Rhino, Photoshop and InDesign
- excellent hand drawing skills
- MS office proficient (word, excel and outlook)
- design alteration and rendering of Francis Sultana’s watercolour designs for bespoke projects and general one-off pieces
- to take responsibility for manufacturing procedures and specifications with input from Francis Sultana and the projects manager
- problem-solving to prevent issues arising with manufacturing procedures and specifications with input from Francis Sultana and the projects manager
- producing technical drawings for all hand-drawn sketches with input from the projects manager and Francis Sultana
- research specific materials and finishes appropriate to the design/schemes, usage and budget (if applicable)
- attend client/general meetings with the responsibility of note taking, support and follow up of the studio team
- to liaise where appropriate, with members of the external design team and other associated organisations or companies
- further development and understanding of financial aspects of running a design/ furniture project on time and on budget
- to assist the ordering and maintenance of accessory/ furniture stock lists throughout Francis Sultana
- write and communicate in a professional manner on all correspondence
- a creative ideas individual who thrives in an exciting studio
- quick to learn and able to identify the style of the creative director
- calm and composed under pressure
- administration and time management skills
- excellent communication both verbal and written
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.