Fred Rigby Studio is seeking a production manager to join its team in London.
Founded in 2008 by Fred Rigby, the studio’s work is inspired by nature and landscapes, creating thoughtful spaces and furniture that considers the surrounding environment and communities. The studio designs and produces bespoke furniture and interiors using a broad spectrum of materials and processes; this role will be to facilitate and support the production of this.
Working closely alongside founder and designer Fred Rigby, this role requires that you ensure the creative output of the business is delivered to clients with excellence.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum four years’ relevant studio experience in the development and manufacture of furniture or relative design products.
This role will provide project management that supports the successful delivery of furniture and spatial design projects for an array of inspiring clients, from galleries to luxury retail stores, boutique hotels and restaurants.
- oversee the effective day-to-day operations of Fred Rigby Studio, taking client enquiries from an initial brief to a delivered piece of furniture or design
- working in collaboration with the Fred to create a production schedule which manages project flow and meets delivery deadlines
- recording, collating and distributing and supporting technical documentation
- assisting with factory visits and prototyping or manufacturing queries
- working in collaboration with designers to ensure client briefs are developed in accordance to their requirements and creative vision
- coordinate with the founder to regularly report on studio activity
Skills and experience:
- experience in project management, coordination or production of relevant assets
- highly organised and able to multitask in a dynamic studio environment
- excellent communications skills, flexing between clients, suppliers, team members and management
- a keen eye for detail whilst managing delivery timelines
- a passion for refined art and design
- bachelor’s degree in furniture, industrial or product design
- four years’ proven experience with project management
- knowledge of manufacturing, technology and materials
- competent with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, CAD programmes and Rhino
Our studio team is looking for applicants who have an appreciation for Fred Rigby Studio designs and are passionate about furniture and interior design. For this position, the team is seeking a candidate that is keen to play a key role in the continued growth and development of the studio. Applicants must be able to articulate why you would like to join our studio. You must be eligible to work in the UK and the salary will be dependent on experience and skill level.
Your application should include a brief cover letter and your CV listing relevant project management experience. Applicants can submit an application using the ‘apply’ link below.