Frederick Tang Architecture is seeking a project architect to join its studio in New York, USA.
Frederick Tang Architecture is an architecture and interior design studio based in the Old American Can Factory in Gowanus, Brooklyn. We are currently looking for a project designer/project manager with three-five years of experience to work on a variety of residential and commercial projects in the New York city area.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and passionate about design. The candidate will work closely with a team on all phases of design, from helping to come up with design schemes and visually representing them, to creating drawing sets. In particular, we are seeking someone with a special interest in creating interior spaces through materiality, color, furniture, and lighting.
- B.Arch or M.Arch
- three-five years’ continuous practical work experience (some familiarity with high-end residential renovation projects in New York City is required)
- ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- strong work ethic
- eagerness to learn
- passion for design
- attention to detail
- impeccable language skills
- strong visualization skills
- strong interpersonal relationship management skills and client service mentality
Proficiency with the following skills:
- Rhino, VRay
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- hand drawing/sketching
- physical model building
- preparing renderings, drawings and concept presentations for clients
- putting together material and color palettes, furniture and lighting selections for interior design projects
- putting together project budgets and schedules
- working on construction drawing sets
- building physical models
- managing budgets
- researching specifications
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio samples using the ‘apply’ link below. Must be able to work legally in the United States.