CAD modeler/product developer
Norlan is seeking a part-time/freelance CAD modeler/product developer in Central Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Norlan is an international brand focused on modernising the whisky drinking experience through design, science, and ritual.
As we plan to expand our product catalogue we are seeking a CAD modeler/product developer with minimum five years experience working on in-house development, directly with the creative director, on a range of new projects.
This hands-on position calls for candidates with a high level of inventiveness and technical aptitude and a strong interest in materials.
- university degree in product/industrial design
- a working knowledge of CAD software programs
- materials knowledge and post processing of components
- an understanding of applications for glass, timber, and leather for production
- working practical knowledge and modeling for additive and subtractive manufacturing
- hands-on mentality, initiative, and self-motivation
- strong communication and organizational skills
- ability to follow creative direction
- fluency in English
- minimum five years experience
The position is long-term freelance (with potential to become full-time), during which time you will be required to develop designs from sketch-stage through to CAD representations for working models, prototypes, and finished products ready for production.
- a further work task list will be discussed with potential candidates via email or video interview
- rates discussed with potential applicants