A vacancy for an experience strategist is available at FreeState in Melbourne.
Add your expertise to a global team of strategists and help grow the influence of experience thinking.
Do you live and breathe experience strategy? Are you excited about the opportunity of building a local team within a global firm? Do you want to work with a genuinely fun team who will value your input deeply?
At FreeState we’ve been carving our niche for the last 15 years, but it’s early days for our team in Australia. That makes this role absolutely critical to support our business as it grows – and this is a significant opportunity to establish strategy and shape a team to consolidate our offering.
You’ll be responsible for leading our strategy team of experience designers, additional strategists and producers from all walks of life. You’ll have the autonomy to direct and shape our strategy, design and studio expansion. You’ll intelligently design and lead experience strategy engagements that lead to innovative and connected programs, journeys and offers for our clients and their customers. You will be responsible for aligning multiple strategic and creative streams, ensuring best-in-class execution.
The experience strategist works alongside the regional leadership team, and you’ll have the support of a global team and the expertise of the cross-disciplinary teams, leaders and designers of HASSELL.
FreeState is a global pioneer in ‘user experience design’ across the physical and digital environment. We’re experts in developing user-focused stories and immersive experiences that connect people with brands, each other and places. We work to a methodology developed over the last 15 years in partnership with leading multi-national clients.
You’re relentlessly curious – what you don’t know you’ll find out.
You love making great connections between people and brands and places, and are driven by the ideas, emotions and memories these moments create.
You relish the opportunity to interact with c-suite clients. After all, you have inherent belief in your ability, experience and leadership qualities.
You believe in the value of your own individual talent but you know you are even more brilliant as part of a team.
You have a passion for design in any and all forms and are a creative thinker yourself. You’re a quick thinker in fast-paced environments and solving complex brand and strategic challenges is second nature to you.
You care deeply about the purpose of your work, seeing projects through to completion and the broad positive impact experience design can create.
Other important skills we’re seeking:
- a solid grasp of human-centred design and testing methodologies, usability and accessibility concerns, with a thirst to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- knowledge and experience in integrating customer insight (through a variety of research methods), market insight (through internal, competitive and desk research) and place, space, product or service objectives into actionable experience strategy and execution
- advocacy for customers and “experience” in conversations with the HASSELL cross-disciplinary teams, leaders and designers to grow the influence of experience thinking
- extensive experience in developing UX, CX, spatial or brand design strategy experience in consulting, agency and/or in-house
- extensive knowledge of, and experience with, a broad range of user experience strategy methods and tools, eg. experience mapping, customer type creation, experience modelling, service design, prioritisation, business case development, etc
- expertise in analysis of research (and research findings) and their use in driving qualified thinking, strategy development and briefing
As part of HASSELL, at FreeState we consider our people to be our greatest resource. We place great emphasis on attracting, retaining and developing the best talent.
We value the quality of ideas and the contribution our people make to our open and collaborative culture. We support innovation and creativity and encourage our people to learn and achieve in a caring and inclusive environment.
We are a global company, with a growing presence in Melbourne. Our work is diverse and challenging, so we value diversity and equality – employing people across a number of regions, representing many different cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
We offer a range of benefits to support development and wellbeing, including:
- creative studio working environment
- inter-studio transfer opportunities
- development and training including access to an online training program
- wellbeing benefits
- flexible start and finish times, part-time and job share arrangements
Invitation to apply
Submit your CV and cover letter clearly addressing why you’re a great fit for FreeState and this role by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.