Fuseproject is looking for an environmental design director to join its practice in San Francisco, USA.
We are currently seeking an environmental design director to create and deliver innovative retail environments that provide customers with a unique retail experience by bringing together elements like layout/environments, product, digital and interactive experiences. This project is a multinational roll-out of a new retail experience through stand-alone store fronts, POS and kiosks. In this role, the director possess outstanding skills in leading world-class team of designers, and who holds a portfolio of award-winning work for high profile clients, and a proven track-record developing and building a strong design talent.
- deliver core interiors and environmental design expertise to multi-faced design projects
- deliver comprehensive design submissions to clients in a timely manner and provide design support through the completion of projects by applying relevant design guidelines and standards
- lead the development of new retail concepts, ranging from in-store, POS and kiosks, maintaining design consistency across each
- provide innovative concepts related to the retail space, and customer engagement points to help influence design decisions
- ensure that all projects quickly evolve in response to changing business conditions, design prototypes, budgets, etc.
- responsible for providing performance guidance and direction, including coaching and development of the team
- participation in business development activities including pitching new/prospective clients, setting expectations, and closing new work
- collaborate with PM, strategists & design leads to define/refine scope, brief, and approach at both the project and account level
- provide leadership and support in presenting and selling in the work with clients and key stakeholders
- working with HR to identify and recruit talent for the team
- 12+ years of leading visual merchandising, and leading design teams for high profile clients on an international scale
- live, breath, love retail design
- capable of managing design team across different work streams
- strong client facing presentation skills
- demonstrated experience collaborating with architects, fabricators and clients to develop projects from sketch to delivery
- excellent 3D visualization skills are mandatory
- experience overseeing custom fabrication and on-site implementation
- experience with major national or international brands, as well as agency experience preferred
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in industrial/product design/visual merchandising