G.A Design is looking for a senior FF&E designer to join its team in London.
The work of a senior FF&E designer is closely linked with the architectural side of the project. The designer has to develop the FF&E concept in conjunction with the project principal and project manager and maintain the programme and budget under the direction of the project manager. The senior FF&E designer is responsible for coordinating the FF&E information with the job captain and project manager to ensure accurate integration into the architectural documentation.
- work with project manager and client to develop schematic FF&E design, based on project criteria (brief), programme and budget
- participate in presentations and insure the format is compatible with GA and client standards
- develop and maintain FF&E budget
- develop FF&E specification for documentation
- direct and review purchase order process to ensure completeness and accuracy (as required)
- serve as principal contact with purchasing agent
- review samples, strike-offs, etc for compliance with specifications and design intent
- direct and review furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant’s drawings
- coordinate selection and presentation of artwork and accessories (purchasing if required)
- coordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved
- work with job captain and project manager throughout project to help formulate staff utilisation/work plan, task assignments and allocation of fees
- be familiar with the project contract and GA’s contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases
- coordinate with project manager in producing finishes schedules
- attend and review site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements)
- direct education of junior FF&E design staff in office standards, policy etc.
- a basic knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable
- prepare task assignments for assistant designers
- allocate and adjust ff & e budget in coordination with client and project manager
- review and modify if necessary all specifications, schedules, purchase orders (where required) and installation plans for accuracy and design intent, and request changes as required
- review interior architectural plans in conjunction with the project manager to ensure conformity with FF&E design