Gallagher & Associates is seeking an integrated producer to join its team in Maryland, USA.
Gallagher & Associates is recognized internationally as a leader in creating successful, engaging experiences — synthesizing the physical and digital worlds in ways that move people, momentarily stopping time and creating lifelong impact.
Leveraging nearly 25 years as a leader in the museum master planning, exhibit design, and branding worlds, Gallagher & Associates is pioneering new markets and new geographies. With an independent, founder-owned network of interdisciplinary design studios in New York City, Portland, Oregon, Washington DC, and Singapore, Gallagher & Associates brings a highly regarded collaborative style, plus design and service excellence, to clients and public spaces around the world.
Gallagher & Associates is a growing, dynamic firm that offers exciting opportunities for career advancement while working with a proven group of interdisciplinary professionals.
Our Silver Spring, MD studio is seeking an interactive producer to work with integrated team design, interactive and exhibits. This position manages digital projects from start to finish, ensuring they run smoothly and, reporting to the studio director. This position will work on a variety of projects across multiple platforms, with clients including renowned museums, corporations, cultural and government organizations. We are looking for a highly organized individual with the ability to work well independently as well as collaborate in a team environment.
The producer is the primary point of contact between Gallagher & Associates and client. They are responsible for the coordination of internal and external project teams, creation and oversight of the project plan; budget, scope and schedule, and confirmation of contractual deliverables per the signed contract. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader that can easily adapt to a shifting environment while maintaining Gallagher & Associates standards and procedures.
As a member of this diverse group, you will work collaboratively with internal physical and digital design teams, consultants, and clients from renowned museums, corporations, universities, and governmental organizations.
As part of this team, your responsibilities include:
- manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project while maintaining adherence to contracted scope and Gallagher & Associates project management procedures
- identify staffing resources needed on a project-by-project basis
- work with other project leads to assign and track individual responsibilities
- develop project plans and cost estimates to ensure the design falls within the client’s project budget
- facilitate full team communications by:
- running internal and external meetings effectively
- resolving and/or escalating issues in a timely fashion
- documenting and tracking decisions, approvals, and action items from meetings and calls
- managing Gallagher & Associates subcontractors to ensure seamless integration of all design aspects. Consultants may include architects, historians, writers, fabricators, media producers, general contractors, AV systems designers, lighting designers, etc.
- minimize Gallagher & Associates exposure and risk on a project
- identify opportunities for process improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
- maintain internal project financial documentation, including:
- tracking and reporting project costs
- analyzing project profitability and revenue with executive producer and operations
- coordinating billing, accrual schedules, and invoice payments with Gallagher & Associates controller
- following up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices
- assist with business development activities for new pursuits
- identify additional service opportunities as they relate to a specific project
- effectively convey Gallagher & Associates message in both written and verbal business opportunity discussions
- manage client expectations for a healthy relationship including educating them on Gallagher & Associates process maintaining regular communication, and establishing a review and approval process
- maintain an understanding of digital design, production and software development
- maintain familiarity with museum industry standards; AAM guidelines, ADA compliance, operational strategies
- manage three-five projects of varying scale from concept through conception, design, prototyping, software development, and installation
- manage production across multiple platforms including physical design, film production, web, mobile, and interactive installation development
- manage, build and maintain strong relationships with clients, internal teams and vendors
- work with the team and studio director to scope, define, estimate, and manage budgets, project plans, specifications, and timelines
- contribute ideas to projects and participate in team meetings
- manage and participate in testing, quality assurance, content collection and organization
- resolve any issues related to projects or raise issues to studio director for guidance ensuring projects stay within timeframes and budget
- minimum of five years of relevant experience
- knowledge of and interest in interactive design and development
- ability to work well in a fast-paced environment on multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously
- an understanding of both technical and creative processes
- strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- confidence to drive a team in order to get the best results for a project
- innovative and pragmatic problem-solver and decision-maker
- desire to learn new technologies, tackle new challenges and grow professionally
- interested in creating experiences that tell stories, teach and impact lives
- ability to identify problems and develop potential solutions
- must have excellent communication and customer service skills, and an ability to maintain professionalism and a positive attitude in all situations
- agile methodology, PMI training a plus
Competitive salary, vacation, sick and personal holiday, company paid holidays, flexible spending accounts (FSA), employee referral bonus program, medical plan and dental plan, summer Fridays and more…
It is an exciting time to join the Gallagher & Associates team and we have the core values to prove it – excellence, impact, integrity and balance shape our future and are designed and defined to help our team understand the link between strategy and culture. These values explain how the day-to-day translates into supporting aligned efforts and goals across the board. Join us as we continue to develop our culture together, to fit our style and your success
Please send resume and digital portfolio as a PDF file using the ‘apply’ link below.