Marketing and communications specialist
Gensler has a vacancy for a marketing and communications specialist to join its team in Birmingham, UK.
Gensler is a global architecture, design and planning firm with 52 locations across Asia, Europe, Australia, the Middle East and the Americas. Founded in 1965, the firm serves more than 3,500 active clients in virtually every industry. Gensler designers strive to make the places people live, work, and play more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
Gensler’s Birmingham office is seeking a creative, motivated and highly collaborative individual to join our team as a marketing specialist. Marketing specialists are the key producers of materials that support Gensler’s business development efforts. They work under the direction of office leadership, senior staff and marketing leaders to write, design and produce proposals, presentations and other collateral/thought leadership used to help the firm win work. Marketers also support the general activities of the office/regional marketing studio, such as strategy, positioning, storytelling, photography, graphic design and knowledge management.
We are looking for a strategic marketer with a proven background in guiding teams through detailed pursuit processes. Pursuit/bid experience in retail, hospitality, mixed-use, science, or tech/ creative class workplace interiors is a major plus. Successful candidates will join a team of skilled marketers who enjoy working together almost as much as we love winning. Our next superstar will be a natural collaborator, eager to lend a hand, an idea, or a well-timed meme for morale. Excellent communicators, proactive problem solvers, graphic design wizards, and strategic thinkers will find an environment that supports thoughtful work and professional growth.
What you will do:
- partner with the office director and senior leadership on business development pursuits and market positioning that will help to achieve goals and strengthen Gensler’s reputation in the local market
- participate and lead pursuit strategy and planning
- work with principals, senior staff, and other marketing team members to design, write, and produce proposals, presentations, and other marketing collateral in alignment with brand standards
- develop new materials as needed to support business development activities, with a critical emphasis on graphic design capabilities
- perform multiple marketing efforts against rapid and frequent deadlines
- champion and lead strategy and planning sessions for new business opportunities
- learn and understand Gensler’s portfolio of work, practice areas, and capabilities
- maintain marketing collateral, resources, and information systems
- work closely with other marketing team members to complete special projects and elevate the quality of our efforts
- email marketing including newsletters and email campaigns
- work with the Regional PR Manager to identify story angles and appropriate journalists/publications to engage
- plan and execute office and industry events
- work with office leadership on development of blog posts and bylines
- maintain speaking engagement calendar and manage inbound speaking opportunities, pitches and call for speaker deadlines
- work with leadership to develop presentation content and talking points, speaker preparation and briefing materials
- assist with creation of presentations and messaging
- six plus years of professional experience in a marketing position with a design or professional services firm, prior experience in the AEC industry is a must
- bachelor’s degree in marketing, graphic design, communications, architecture, interior design, journalism or business
- ability to lead BD conversations confidently and strategically and collaborate closely with leadership on win strategy and storytelling
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- creative and impactful graphic design skills, including creating effective presentations and marketing collateral
- self-motivator with strong organisational and intra-personal skills, and a great collaborator
- strong organisational skills to coordinate and manage multiple projects and deadlines
- ability to work with diverse project teams and in a fast-paced work environment
- mastery of InDesign is a must
- proficiency in Photoshop/Illustrator is required, knowledge of Google Slides, Keynote and Miro are a plus
- proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio. The cover letter should address the key characteristics highlighted in the position description and should communicate the reasons why your skillset and background are ideal for this role.
You can find the full job description and apply here.
Life at Gensler
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical and dental insurance, season ticket loans, pension, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm’s commitment to professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional qualifications and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programmes or classes. We view our professional development programmes as strategic investments in our future.