George Smith is seeking a marketing assistant to become part of its team in London.
George Smith is synonymous with beautiful, hand-crafted furniture. Every sofa and chair is lovingly made in our workshop in the north-east of England using traditional methods and materials passed down through generations.
We’re looking for a creative, resourceful and hardworking individual with a strong interest in interior design and craftsmanship. This role would suit a marketing assistant with at least two years of experience in a similar role within furniture, product design or interior design.
The chosen candidate will work closely with the marketing manager to plan and deliver the global social media and digital marketing plan and build content for the new company website launching in early 2020.
- a degree or equivalent qualification in marketing or a communication-related field
- at least two years of experience in a similar role within furniture, product design, homeware, retail or interior design
- a strong interest in the interior design industry
- Photoshop and InDesign skills are essential
- experience working WordPress and MailChimp (or similar platforms) is essential
- an understanding of HTML would be beneficial but not essential
- a hardworking, industrious and energetic personality
Tasks and responsibilities
This will include, but would not be limited to:
- assisting with social media post planning, captioning, automation and community engagement
- aiding in the creation of blog stories, newsletters, PPC campaigns and social media promotions
- aiding in the creation of company presentations in InDesign
- updating schedules and other spreadsheets and general marketing-related research/administration
- assisting with collating press mentions and liaising with editors on stories, as well as helping to liaise with editors and stylists to co-ordinate product loans for shoots
- preparing content for the new website, liaising with freelancers to bring aspects of the content together
- updating and maintaining the project/product photography library
- assisting in planning and running events in the London and USA showrooms
How to apply
Please send your CV, portfolio of work and a short cover letter explaining why you are applying for this position and salary expectations using the ‘apply’ link below.