Gillespies is seeking a graphics and bid assistant to join its team in London.
Permanent full time role plus hybrid working.
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people’s lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability. We have offices throughout the UK and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects. The pandemic has strengthened the importance of delivering well-designed healthy spaces that are inclusive for all. Gillespies is leading a new nature led urbanism, and we are looking for a passionate and highly talented designer to help us redefine the landscapes of our time.
The practice has an opening for a meticulous and creative graphics and bid assistant to assist their marketing and bid team in London. The successful candidate will be a highly personable and ambitious self-starter who possesses effective time management skills, and a keen eye for detail and graphical layout.
The graphics and bid assistant will report to the graphics and bid coordinator and assist in the production of high-quality bid documents, PQQs, RFPs, ITTs and EOIs for the London and Oxford studio, ensuring that responses to opportunities are well written and presented to the highest possible standard. You will work closely with the graphics and bid coordinator to produce high-quality documents using Adobe InDesign and set company templates. The role will also involve providing support to the head of marketing in administration tasks.
To include, but not be restricted to, the following:
- assist and coordinate the production of compliant proposals (RFPs, PQQs, EOIs and ITTs) within client-defined timeframes that are well-written and have a high visual impact (digital and hardcopy)
- coordinate proposal input from a variety of consultants
- ensure all proposals produced are aligned with corporate brand guidelines and company bid and QA management process
- support in the production of brochures and presentations
- help maintain a database of tender opportunities
- maintain a CMS practice-wide project database
- maintain a library of project sheets, CVs, case studies, testimonials and written standard bid responses
- maintain the practice’s image library (OpenAsset) and Shutterstock
- support the head of marketing with administration tasks, as required
- ideally, you will have a degree in graphics, marketing or English and/or two plus years of experience in a similar role, preferably in an architectural or creative design practice
- proven experience coordinating, compiling, and packaging bids/tenders for digital and hard-copy submission
- familiarity with the OJEU process and completing PQQs and EOIs
- ability to set achievable goals and prioritise multiple work streams
- strong written communication, organisational and interpersonal skills
- experience in bid copywriting would be beneficial but not necessary
- experience in using Adobe Creative Suite CC (InDesign, InCopy) is essential and good Microsoft Office package skills. Experience in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop would be advantageous but not essential
- meticulous attention to detail and a good eye for graphic presentation
- a good understanding of preparing documents for print and publishing
- experience using social media platforms
- the ability to work well under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- confidence to liaise with senior management and external client and consultant teams
- proactive, can-do attitude
- creative thinker
- attention to detail
- problem solver
- flexible and adaptable
- team player
- a competitive salary with a range of benefits
- a ‘flexi-hours’ scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance
- hybrid working – up to two days a week working from home for full-time staff or one day a week for part-time staff
- friendly, sociable open-plan office environment
- oathway to chartership support (if relevant)
- cycle to work scheme (entitling you to a tax-free bike)
- life assurance (four times annual salary)
- enhanced holiday allowance (25 days per annum starting and going up to 30 days) plus bank holidays
- employee assistance programme – with free access to specialist external advice and counselling
- workplace pension
- paid professional membership fees
- employee social events
- one paid day a year for volunteer activities
- recruitment bonus
- Perkbox – access to employee flexible benefits platform and wellness hub (a selection of over 250 perks to support employees’ financial, physical and emotional wellbeing)
If you think you are a suitable match for this role, please email your CV (and portfolio if appropriate) via the apply for job button below (10MB max). References will be required.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.
No agencies, please.