Gillespies is hiring a landscape planner with GIS experience to join its UK studios.
Location: London, Oxford, Leeds and Manchester UK
Role: permanent full-time role plus hybrid working
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people’s lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability. We have offices throughout the UK and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects.
We are seeking a talented landscape architect or planner with experience in planning, landscape and visual assessment and landscape character assessment and GIS to join one of our studios to provide landscape planning and assessment advice and support on various exciting UK and international projects.
The role will require you to work alongside an existing team of landscape architects so a collaborative approach is essential.
Ideally, candidates would be available to start immediately or within a month. We will also consider applications from freelancers and the location can be flexible with opportunities for working from home.
- must possess a bachelor’s degree in either landscape architecture
- possess a minimum of five years’ of professional experience in delivering UK and international landscape projects
- expertise in delivering LVIA, LCA and EIA for a range of projects from small to large scale and complex schemes including report writing and preparation of figures, including drafting and/or reviewing EIA report chapters and appendices
- excellent report writing skills, written English and analytical skills
- GIS experience
- visualisation and Photoshop skills would be an advantage
- excellent organisation and presentation skills
- ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- the role will require fieldwork and photography experience would be an advantage
- leading stakeholder engagement meetings and public consultations
- line management of junior support staff
- valid driving license
- prior experience in support or leading business development, preparing fee proposals and establishing trusted advisor relationships with clients
- flexible and adaptable
- creative thinker
- problem solver
- interested in learning
- enthusiastic and driven
Join a talented team
Gillespies is passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer great opportunities to develop your professional knowledge within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented staff.
- a competitive salary with a range of benefits
- a ‘flexi-hours’ scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance
- hybrid working – up to two days a week working from home for full-time staff or one day a week for part-time staff
- friendly, sociable open-plan office environment
- pathway to chartership support (if relevant)
- cycle to work scheme (entitling you to a tax-free bike)
- life assurance (four times annual salary)
- enhanced holiday allowance (25 days per annum starting and going up to 30 days) plus bank holidays
- employee assistance programme – with free access to specialist external advice and counselling
- workplace pension
- paid professional membership fees
employee social events
- one paid day a year for volunteer activities
- Perkbox – access to employee flexible benefits platform and wellness hub (a selection of over 250 perks to support employees’ financial, physical and emotional wellbeing)
If you think you are a suitable match for this role, please email your CV (and portfolio if appropriate) via the apply for job button below (10MB max). References will be required.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.
No agencies, please.