Gillespies is seeking a senior landscape architect to join its team in its studios across the UK.
Locations: London, Oxford, Manchester and Leeds, UK
Permanent, full-time role plus hybrid working.
Are you looking for a new challenge, unique projects, a great supportive working environment, and flexible working arrangements? If the answer is yes, then apply now!
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Senior Landscape Architects/Designers to join our friendly, award-winning multidisciplinary team of landscape architects, urban designers, masterplanners and landscape planners.
Gillespies is a leading landscape design and masterplanning practice with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people’s lives. We work with forward-thinking clients on pioneering projects that push the boundaries in creativity, innovation and sustainability and an exciting national and international portfolio of projects. The pandemic has strengthened the importance of delivering well-designed healthy spaces that are inclusive for all. Gillespies is leading a new nature led urbanism, and we are looking for passionate and highly talented designers to help us redefine the landscapes of our time.
If you can work efficiently, both independently and as part of a team, this is the perfect opportunity for you to get exposure to high-end projects both in the UK and internationally. Our work currently includes city spaces, urban extensions, tourism developments and much more.
The role will require you to work alongside an existing team of Landscape Architects, so a collaborative approach is essential.
Successful applicants must demonstrate a passion for Landscape Architecture, have good graphic and proven illustration skills, as well as excellent technical abilities and proven proficiency in using AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite package, and Microsoft office. Revit experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
The successful landscape architect will have the following:
- must possess a bachelor’s degree and postgrad diploma/MA in either landscape architecture or architecture
- strong conceptual and technical design skills coupled with the experience of delivering projects through to construction
- excellent organisation, presentation and communication skills; Proven experience in landscape design, landscape drawing and basic 3D Modelling
- proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp
- Revit would be an advantage but is not essential; and four to five plus years’ experience
- experience in delivering planning applications, dealing with client and landscape contractors, and good tendering and on-site experience would be desirable.
- ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- flexible and adaptable
- creative thinker
- problem solver
- interested in learning
- enthusiastic and driven
Join a talented team
Gillespies is passionate about design and dedicated to making a positive impact on the built environment. We offer excellent opportunities to develop your design skills and professional knowledge within a supportive and stimulating work environment. Our studios are creative and sociable, with an international team of talented designers.
- a competitive salary
- flexi start and finish times to allow for a healthy work-life balance
- hybrid working – up to two days worked from home/three days in the office
- Perkbox – access to employee flexible benefits platform and wellness hub (a selection of over 250 perks to support employees’ financial, physical and emotional wellbeing)
- friendly, sociable open plan office environment
- pathway to chartership support (if relevant)
- cycle to work scheme (entitling you to a tax-free bike)
- life Assurance (four times annual salary)
- enhanced holiday allowance (starting at 23 days per annum and going up to 30 days) plus bank holidays
- employee assistance programme – with free access to specialist external advice and counselling
- workplace pension
- paid professional membership fees
- employee social events
- one paid day a year for volunteer activities
- recruitment bonus
If you think you are a suitable match for these roles, please email your CV and a summary portfolio of your work, (10MB maximum) via the apply for job button below.
Please specify the role and location you are applying for in your application.
References will be required following interview.
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.