Gillespies is hiring a senior landscape architect to join its team in Manchester or Leeds, UK.
Role: permanent, full-time, hybrid working.
Are you looking for an exciting design role with the opportunity to work on some amazing projects in a supportive working environment with flexible working arrangements? If the answer is yes, then apply now!
We are seeking talented and creative landscape architects, to join our busy design studios in Leeds and Manchester where we have a young, friendly and ambitious team, with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Now in its 60th year, Gillespies is one of the UK’s most respected landscape design and masterplanning practices, with an outstanding reputation for delivering responsibly designed, transformative and award-winning spaces that add real value to people’s lives. Our projects include some of the most exciting in the UK and beyond – take a look at our website.
Having grown significantly over the past year, we are looking for new landscape architects to help us continue this in 2022/ 2023. Our designers underpin our success and in this role, you will have a direct impact on the business, working collaboratively with our senior design team. In return you will get exposure to exciting projects and, if relevant, mentoring towards your P2C qualification.
In order to thrive in this position, you will need to be talented and enthusiastic and of course have a willingness to learn, work collaboratively with colleagues and be self-sufficient with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Your main responsibilities will include providing project support on all the RIBA work stages, mentoring junior staff and designing sustainable places for the 21st century.
You will be expected to:
- explore ideas with the team
- prepare sketch work and illustrative materials
- research project briefs, materials and construction products
- assist in the preparation of presentation materials in a range of mediums
- draft and amend concept and detail designs by CAD and/or by hand.
- assist in the preparation of drawings for planning and building control approval, tender and construction purposes
- attend internal and external meetings
What we look for
We are looking for someone with the right attitude, who wants to work hard and be part of the success of a fast-growing team.
Candidates who are recently chartered would be desirable but not essential, but ideally you will have:
- at least two to three years’ of professional experience
- a strong design record, including relevant software knowledge
- creative ability, imagination and enthusiasm
- a concern for the environment and understanding of current issues affecting design
- good observation skills and an eye for detail
Qualifications and training:
- relevant degree or undergraduate qualification in landscape/urban design/architecture
- two plus years’ of professional working experience in a landscape practice
recently chartered or a student licentiate member of LI (or equivalent) on the P2C pathway
- basic understanding of the technical standards and regulations pertinent to our industry
- developing written, hand drawing and verbal communication skills
- sound working knowledge of software packages pertinent to the task required
Benefits and rewards
The friendly and supportive culture at Gillespies is something we are proud of, and we offer a range of benefits:
- a competitive salary with a range of benefits
- a ‘flexi-hours’ scheme to allow for a healthy work-life balance
- two days a week working from home
- V1 HSF Health Plan
Join a talented and friendly team. Our studios are creative and sociable, with international teams of talented people.
If you think you are a suitable match for this roles, please apply through our careers page or via the apply for job button below here on Dezeen.
If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].
Gillespies is an equal opportunities employer. We regret that we can only respond to successful applications.