Global Ocean Investments is hiring a senior lead architect to join its team remotely in the USA.
Our London, UK office is seeking a US-based creative, innovative senior architect with multi-story commercial experience to lead and execute a broad range of projects through the design process, production of construction documents and construction administration as the head of a project team.
The senior architect will lead the US and Bahamas based projects and be responsible for the entire project including developing solutions to technical problems.
This role will provide tremendous opportunities and involvement throughout the project design and implementation processes.
- lead team with complex project designs, resolve drawing discrepancies and other technical opportunities
- extensive understanding of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness
- prepare and oversee the preparation of concept, schematic design, design development and construction documents
- prepare project specifications
- develop and/or oversee the development of design concepts into complete design development set and further advance into complete construction drawings
- oversee material research and compilation of project data and incorporation throughout the project
- assist with the timely submittal of drawings to the appropriate authorities having jurisdiction
- participate with the project team to understand/establish project goals and objectives including workplan, project schedules, budget parameters, while ensuring the highest product quality
- attend construction meetings and make periodic site observation visits as required
- review and understand applicable building codes and other standards
- prepare zoning and building code analysis and review
- sign and seal drawings as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture from an accredited university
- At least twelve years’ experience working in the field of architecture
- experience working on multi-story building projects required
- expertise in Revit and AutoCAD
- basic knowledge of Deltek, MS Project, and Newforma preferred
- aptitude to communicate ideas and direction quickly
- strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- experience with historic tax credit developments preferred
If you feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by emailing us with your resume and PDF examples of your work. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
No phone calls or agencies please.