Globe-Trotter has a vacancy for a design assistant to join its team in Hoddesdon, UK.
Synonymous with great British design, Globe-Trotter is a luxury travel lifestyle brand producing handcrafted luggage and leather collections. Established in 1897 and celebrating the 125th anniversary in 2022, Globe-Trotter makes the most beautiful and durable luggage in the world. The business has been Private Equity backed since 2020.
Globe-Trotter is a truly global business trading in more than 80 countries, with significant brand awareness in Japan and the USA.
Globe-Trotter are looking to hire a talented design assistant to join the design and product development team at their head office and factory in Hertfordshire.
The primary function of this role is to work on the creation of technical specifications and assist the design team with the organisation and management of design projects.
- working with the design team and wider production team on a daily basis, clearly communicating design specifications verbally and in the form of detailed design packs
- assisting the design team with ongoing project management and product documentation
- amending design specs and artworks
- responsible for creating and up-keeping specifications on core and new products using Adobe Illustrator
- daily support to the design and development team on all projects including collaborations, special projects
- working with our stores and customers globally to create custom cases and design specifications for customers
Skills and experience:
- ideally one to two years’ experience in design, product design or manufacturing environment
- must have good working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifcally Adobe Illustrator
- experience in working to a design brief and specific timeline
- must have good organisation skills
- knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel and Planner
- 3D CAD experience is desirable
- highly self-motivated and proactive with excellent communication skills
- a methodical mind and ability to meet deadlines is a must
- a strong desire to work and evolve in the luxury travel market
- highly interested and appreciative of British manufacturing
- quick thinking, with the ability to thrive in a hands-on environment
- strong ability to deal with people at all levels and build effective internal and external working relationships
- most importantly, a passion for product with a particular interest in the Globe-Trotter brand