Gluckman Smith Architects is recruiting a design and studio assistant to join its team in its London or Cotsworld studios.
We’re award-winning architects with a strong belief in the power of architecture to change all our lives for the better. Working alongside our clients, we create robust and elegant buildings which allow people to thrive.
Gluckman Smith is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious design and studio assistant, who will assist the practice manager in the daily running of the studio and provide graphic/CAD support for architecture and design projects. You will be joining an ambitious and creative team and be integral in the growth of the practice.
This is a multi-faceted role, where you will have responsibility for tasks including studio management, IT and bookkeeping, and will provide graphic support for marketing and project-based tasks. Assistance will be required for a significant practice launch in the latter part of 2020.
The candidate should be numerate and have an excellent command of written and spoken English. They should be well-organized and able to manage time efficiently. A background in design or architecture is preferable, you may have Architecture Part I or II or equivalent design discipline.
The role may be fulfilled in either London or Cotswold offices, by agreement.
- assist practice manager with marketing and PR tasks
- assist in creating marketing material such as brochures, pitching packs and PR collateral
- assist the architectural team with CAD, visuals & CGI’s
- management of the IT in the studio
- book-keeping: Invoicing, expenses, payroll
- general administration: Studio calendar management, timesheets, database management, office supplies, answering the phone, meeting set up and other various ad-hoc duties.
- ability to take initiative, multi-task and work against tight deadlines
- copywriting skills and the ability to communicate ideas succinctly
- numeracy and some financial literacy
- excellent command of spoken and written English
- literacy in Office 365, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- a proactive and positive work ethic
- bookkeeping and account management skills
- design software skills in a CAD package and/or Rhino and Vray
- an interest in being part of a growing practice
The successful candidate will be passionate, friendly, organized and a good communicator. The practice offers a competitive salary and the position is available for an immediate start.