Gluckman Smith Architects is seeking a part-time studio assistant to join its team in London.
We’re award-winning architects with a strong belief in the power of architecture to change all our lives for the better. Working alongside our clients, we create robust and elegant buildings which allow people to thrive.
Gluckman Smith is seeking an enthusiastic and ambitious studio assistant, who will assist the practice manager in the daily running of the studio. You will be joining an ambitious and creative team and will be integral in the growth of the practice and administrative team.
You will have responsibility for tasks including studio management, IT and bookkeeping and will assist the practice manager in marketing and HR. Support will be required for a significant practice launch in the latter part of 2020.
The candidate should be numerate and have an excellent command of written and spoken English. They should be well-organized and able to manage time efficiently. An interest in architecture and design would be beneficial.
The role may be fulfilled in either London or Cotswold offices, by agreement.
- assist practice manager with marketing tasks
- book-keeping: invoicing, expenses, payroll
- general administration: studio calendar management, timesheets, database management, office supplies, answering the phone, meeting set up and other various ad-hoc duties.
- management of the IT in the studio
- ability to take initiative, multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- copywriting skills and the ability to communicate ideas succinctly
- numeracy and some financial literacy
- excellent command of spoken and written English
- literacy in Office 365 and Adobe InDesign
- a proactive and positive work ethic
- bookkeeping and account management skills
- an interest in being part of a growing practice
The successful candidate will be passionate, friendly, organized and a good communicator. The practice offers a competitive salary and the position is available for an immediate start.