Goodfellow Communications is looking for a PR and communications manager to join its team in London, UK.
Goodfellow Communications is a small and friendly PR and communications agency, representing some of the most interesting architectural practices and organisations in the UK.
We are looking for an enthusiastic new colleague to join our team as a PR and communications manager. The successful candidate will be working with us to help our clients raise their profiles through print, broadcast, online and awards, and will also help us organise a wide range of architecture events including the London Festival of Architecture. Working as a key part of our small team, the chosen applicant will work hand-in-hand with clients as projects move from conception to completion and beyond, gaining an understanding of their work and developing unique communication strategies specific to each project.
The role is suited to someone with a PR and communications background with an interest in architecture.
Key tasks in this interesting and varied role will include:
- liaising with clients to devise, prepare and execute public relations strategies
- working with clients, project partners and other stakeholders to prepare public relations material
- liaising with journalists to pitch projects for publication and negotiate coverage
- managing events on behalf of clients: duties will include liaising with clients to devise and deliver successful events from small-scale briefings to project launches
- preparing awards submissions on behalf of clients and liaising with awards organisers on submissions, awards visits, presentations etc.
- preparing graphic and web material, including preparation of marketing collateral, web design and web copywriting
- preparing digital marketing material on behalf of clients e.g. electronic direct mail, newsletters
- advising clients on social media content development across a number of social media platforms, and preparing material for social media where necessary
- working alongside team colleagues to undertake office administration tasks
Essential skills and experience:
- professional experience of PR and/or marketing, ideally in an architecture, property or cultural context
- sound knowledge of and interest in architecture, property and their broader cultural context
- event management experience
- exceptional organisational skills: an ability to work well independently or in a team, and an ability to manage multiple demands, targets, tasks and clients
- excellent IT skills: as well as solid experience of Microsoft Office we are looking for an individual with experience of using the Adobe Creative Suite
- experience of handling social media
- experience of web publishing (preferably WordPress)
- solid graphic design skills
- solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- enthusiasm, resilience, attention to detail and dependability
Starting immediately, this role is based at our offices in Epping, at the end of the central line. You will be expected to travel regularly to meet clients at their practices or to visit projects on site. There may be occasional requirements to work antisocial hours e.g. evening or early morning events.
Please submit your CV and a covering addressing it to Catherine Cracknell using the ‘apply’ link below. If you have a design portfolio available, we’d love to see that too.