Gort Scott is looking for an architect with at least two years’ post Part 2 experience to become part of its team in London.
Gort Scott is a design-focused architectural studio working on a varied portfolio of interesting public and private sector projects. With a background in research, public realm and small-scale projects the studio is now working on larger projects as well as continuing to work on finer-grained schemes. The studio has won a number of awards including the NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of The Year Award. The office currently has an Oxford College project on-site, public sector housing schemes, interesting refurbishment and adaptive re-use projects and other urban projects involving intense mixes of use.
We are a dedicated, friendly office, with a creative and motivated atmosphere, encouraging open discussion and testing of ideas. We use a number of methods to design, prioritising sketching and model making alongside 3D modelling.
We are looking for a fully qualified architect with two-plus years’ post-Part 3 with proven job-running experience to be project architect on a significant, high-profile project, as well as smaller projects, to join our expanding office of 30 people. You will ideally have experience on larger scale projects that have involved reconfiguring and inserting new elements into existing buildings. We will also consider applicants with considerably more experience.
The following skills are also required. Please check your experience fits the criteria prior to applying:
- strong design skills
- a genuine interest in construction and materiality and proven detailing skills
- strong project management and organisational skills
- a proactive approach to working with an ability to take initiative
- good communication skills
- may have qualified abroad but will have undertaken the UK Part 3 course, or else have proven contract-management and project-running experience in the UK
- use or knowledge of Vectorworks, Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- use and knowledge of NBS an advantage but not essential
- an interest and experience in urban design projects
- good writing skills for the purposes of reports and presentations
- fluency in speaking and writing English essential
- Revit (BIM) experience would be preferable but not essential
Instructions for applying:
- please state your notice period or availability to start work in your application email
- please send your CV and a short cover letter explaining your suitability for the role using the ‘apply’ link below, for the attention of Annabel Rootes
- please write architect in the subject header
- no CVs over 5MB
- no agencies
Salary dependent on experience.
Application deadline: 31 December 2019
Please mention that you saw this position on Dezeen Jobs.
Gort Scott is an equal opportunities employer.