Gort Scott has an opportunity for an architectural assistant to join its practice in London.
Gort Scott is a design-focused architectural studio working on a varied portfolio of interesting public and private sector projects. With a background in research, public realm and small scale projects the studio is now working on larger projects as well as continuing to work on finer grained schemes. The studio has won a number of awards including the NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of the Year Awards. The office currently has an Oxford College project on site, a town hall in London in development, interesting refurbishment and adaptive re-use projects and other urban projects involving intense mixes of use.
We are a dedicated, friendly office, with a creative and motivated atmosphere, encouraging open discussion and testing of ideas. We use a number of methods to design, prioritising sketching and model making alongside 3D modelling.
We are currently looking for a strong Part 2 architectural assistant to join our expanding office of 22 people.
The following skills are also required, please check your particular experience fits the criteria prior to applying:
- strong design and representation skills
- excellent model-making skills
- knowledge of Revit (BIM)
- knowledge of Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is preferable
- an interest in construction and materiality
- a proactive approach to working, with an ability to take initiative
- good freehand sketching skills
- good written and speaking communication skills
- fluency in speaking and writing English will be essential
Instructions for applying:
- please state your notice period or availability to start work in your application email
- please send your CV and a short cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Nancy Edwards
- please write ‘architectural assistant’ in the subject header
- no CVs over 5MB
- no agencies
Salary dependent on experience.