Gort Scott is seeking a bid and communications assistant to join its studio in London.
Gort Scott is a design-focused architectural and urban design studio, based in Bermondsey, London and working on a varied portfolio of interesting public-and private sector projects. With a background in research, public realm and small-scale projects, the studio is now working on larger projects as well as continuing to work on finer-grained schemes. The studio has won a number of awards including the NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of The Year Award.
Through our projects we aim to create better connections between people and the places where they live and work. This is as much through experience of space, light and materials as the dynamics of land use, ownership and civic participation.
We are a dedicated, friendly office, with a creative and motivated atmosphere, encouraging open discussion and testing of ideas.
While this is a relatively junior position, the practice is growing and evolving and there are opportunities for the right candidate to have a central role to play in this, and in the evolution of their own role in the practice.
We recently extended an existing building to make our own office in Bermondsey. We are working flexibly in response to COVID 19.
Bids and tenders:
- track tender invitations and OJEU Notices and liaise with management where appropriate
- attend regular catch up with management for potential competitions/bids/tenders
- respond to tender invitations and OJEU Notices and record them for internal business development purposes
- coordinate tender/bid submission process, including collation of relevant information from subconsultants and staff members, writing and editing text, and editing layout in line with bid requirements and in-house style
- with new business and communications manager, manage the administrative aspects of sending new project contracts/appointments to our PI insurers and track changes
- work to deadlines of bids/PQQs
- work with new business and communications manager to maintain and update tender portal information
- work with new business and communications manager to maintain and update our marketing database, including staff CVs, policies etc to ensure relevant information is available to support the production of competitions and bids
- create and update job sheets in marketing database with latest project information and image sets
- produce/ update PR material for new business opportunities e.g. portfolios, presentations
- proofreading/editing for colleagues when required
- day-to-day coordination and implementation of social media strategy:
- create content for and manage Gort Scott’s social platforms: Instagram, Twitter, etc., in line with social media strategy and in response to company news/events
- ensure company website up-to-date at all times, creating content including project updates and news where necessary in line with marketing strategy and in conjunction with senior management
- work with new business and communications manager to liaise with PR consultant to coordinate press releases and award submissions
- work with new business and communications manager to produce PR material for new business opportunities e.g. portfolios, presentations, website content, job sheets
- proofreading/editing PR content for colleagues when required
- booking conference travel and accommodation arrangements for senior management and diary management as required
Required skills and experience:
- some experience working on marketing and comms, bids, tenders and competitions, preferably in an architectural environment
- excellent written and verbal communication and attention to detail
- excellent graphic / DTP skills with advanced InDesign and Photoshop skills
- good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- strong organisational skills
- degree education or similar is preferable but not necessary
Report to: new business and communications manager and practice manager
Hours: Monday-Friday 9.30am to 6.30am
Potential for flexible working
Gort Scott is an equal opportunities employer and particularly encourages applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, disabled and women candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the architecture profession. We are dedicated to providing a great work/life balance – benefits include maternity/paternity/shared parental leave, pension scheme, Death in Service insurance policy, time off between Christmas and New Year, office trips and other social events.