Gort Scott is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its office in London.
Gort Scott is a design-focused architectural and urban design studio, based in Bermondsey, London and working on a varied portfolio of interesting public-and private sector projects. With a background in research, public realm and small-scale projects, the studio is now working on larger projects as well as continuing to work on finer grained schemes. The studio has won a number of awards including the NLA Mayor’s Prize, a Civic Trust Award, RIBA National Award and shortlisted for the Architect of The Year Award.
Through our projects we aim to create better connections between people and the places where they live and work. This is as much through experience of space, light and materials as the dynamics of land use, ownership and civic participation.
We are a dedicated, friendly office, with a creative and motivated atmosphere, encouraging open discussion and testing of ideas.
We recently extended an existing building to make our own office. Currently we are working flexibly in response to COVID 19.
The ideal candidate will:
- enjoy both working in a team environment and alone
- be keen to learn and take ownership for tasks
- have strong design skills
- be comfortable visualising, illustrating and presenting ideas
- enjoy solving problems
- have excellent attention to detail
- have an interest in the construction and materiality
- have a passion for architecture and design
The following qualifications and skills are required. Please check your particular experience fits the criteria prior to applying:
- a recognised Part 2 or equivalent degree
- proficiency in VectorWorks, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft 365 Suite
- knowledge of Revit (BIM), but this is not essential
- excellent modelmaking skills
- good freehand sketching skills
- excellent organisation skills, and able to be to priories workload
- a proactive attitude
- good communication, including fluent spoken and written English
Gort Scott is an equal opportunities employer and particularly encourages applications from black, asian and minority ethnic, disabled and women candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the architecture profession. We are dedicated to providing a great work/life balance – benefits include maternity/paternity/shared parental leave, pension scheme, death in service insurance policy, time off between Christmas and New Year, office trips and other social events.