Grant Associates 3D landscape/architectural designer to join its team in Bath, UK.
Grant Associates is based in Bath, an extraordinary world heritage city with a growing reputation as a leading centre for creative industries. It offers a unique and inspiring working and living environment and Grant Associates is fully engaged with the life of the city.
With over 60 employees based in Bath and Singapore, Grant Associates has a strong reputation for contemporary landscape architecture and sustainable development. Following the success of Gardens by the Bay in Singapore we have a number of high profile commissions in Singapore, China, India and Australia alongside many rewarding projects in the UK.
We require a designer with very strong Rhino skills to work as an integral part of our team in our Bath studio. The preference is for landscape architects who are able to demonstrate a sophisticated level of 3D skills to help shape and inform our built environment. We are also open to architects who are willing to embrace the possibilities of contemporary landscape architecture.
This is an opportunity for an applicant to develop and test outline ideas at all stages of design, from concept through to construction. This position is also an excellent way of working alongside some of the world’s most renowned architects, engineers and designers across a variety of projects.
Software skills to include a high level of aptitude in Rhino, a good level of proficiency in 3ds Max and V-ray, Photoshop and AutoCAD. Good command of Grasshopper 3D will be a plus. Other useful but non-essential software skills would include an understanding of Lumion, LiveSync, Enscape, Twinmotion and Revit.
Specific tasks include:
- ability to understand and interpret loose hand-drawn sketches, sections, plans and elevations and work to given 2D spot levels and contour information
- an ability to think and work independently
- assisting in the design of projects across many stages of development (conceptual/schematic and design development)
- as you will be working on complex 3D models within teams based here and in Singapore, an excellent command of both written and verbal English is required
- a creative curiosity to follow industry trends and trial new or alternative 3D workflows
- excellent problem-solving ability
- a strong eye for detail
- a passion for design across all disciplines
- personable and an ability to communicate well in a team under pressure and to tight deadlines whilst working with a number of different colleagues on multiple projects
Your portfolio should demonstrate:
- examples of organic forms and structures modelled in Rhino
- free-hand drawings and sketches of any subject matter that is of interest to the applicant
- sequence(s) of images that capture the iterative process of design
- general modelling outputs that demonstrate a sophisticated understanding of scale, proportion, composition and lighting
Grant Associates offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, commensurate to experience. Please apply with CV and examples of work preferably by the 29th November 2019 using the ‘apply’ link below.
Grant Associates is an equal opportunities employer.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK, if you do not have the right to work in the UK your application will not be considered.