Grant Associates is looking for an experienced Revit technician to join its growing team in Bath.
Grant Associates has an international reputation for contemporary landscape architecture and sustainable development. We enjoy working on a diverse portfolio of challenging and innovative design-led projects throughout the UK, Europe and South East Asia. We have over 50 employees based in Bath and Singapore.
We are looking to add the following to our team in the UK:
We require an experienced Revit designer/technician to work within our friendly Bath studio to assist us on a wide range of projects from the early stages through to detailed design and construction phases. We are currently operating at BIM Level two as defined by the government BIM working party strategy paper and aim to build on this in accordance with industry standards.
The position would suit an experienced Revit technician/qualified landscape architect/architect who has worked previously as part of a CAD team and is proficient at modelling with Revit and can demonstrate their in-depth knowledge of both Revit and Navisworks and their application to landscape architecture.
Your principal role will involve working alongside the project teams within the studio to advise, assist and work through the application of Revit and Navisworks software to a range of landscape projects producing high quality, legible drawings of your own as well as developing office wide protocols.
Specific job requirements will include:
– an outstanding knowledge of Revit and ideally experienced with its application to landscape architecture
– a thorough working knowledge of both Navisworks and AutoCAD
– a capacity to think through alternative methods of working in Revit to communicate our design ideas
– assisting landscape architects with day to day project requirements, trouble shooting and advising them on how to best to apply Revit to their project according to the relevant RIBA work stages
– a good understanding of the RIBA work stages and how the BIM level of development LOD, relates to this
– as you will be writing, reviewing and commenting on project BIM execution plans for live projects, bids and proposals an excellent command of both written and verbal English is required
– a strong technical ability, you will be capable of producing your own accurate, clear, well laid out Revit drawings
– develop our office wide Revit, Navisworks and BIM protocols: generating/preparing typical details; producing drawing and model templates as well as progressing our current office standards as specific project demands require
– work closely with the office 3D team to develop ways of integrating other 3D software programs into Revit e.g. knowledge of plugins that will allow for the transfer of organic geometries from Rhino into Revit
– inform the studio of updates to industry wide BIM procedures and practices
– a strong eye for detail and a passion for design
– an ability to think and work independently
– personable and an ability to work closely with team members when meeting deadlines
Useful but non-essential software skills would include an understanding of Rhino/similar NURBS based software, 3D Studio Max/similar 3D package and the Adobe suite.
Grant Associates offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, commensurate to experience.
Grant Associates is an equal opportunities employer.
Please apply with CV and examples of work preferably by email by Friday 29 September 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote Reference ‘REVDEZ17’ in the email subject heading.
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the UK.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
Project manager – interior design
at Marcel Wanders
Senior industrial designer
at Kingfisher PLC