Greatspace Architects is looking for a design-focused project architect to join its team and contribute to its lively studio culture in Hexham, UK.
This is a role for an independent individual who is passionate about environmentally conscious architecture, narrative-driven design and vibrant client relationships. The role would be tailored to suit the individual but would include job-running activities at all stages of the design process and client-facing responsibilities.
If you are bold, brave and creative, and wish to design and deliver beautiful projects then this role is for you!
You will be an integral part of a small team. You must be an excellent verbal communicator and designer, have a good knowledge of UK construction techniques, planning and building regulations, and be proficient with Revit, Photoshop, SketchUp and InDesign. Ideally, you would also be a project leader, someone who can engage with and manage the design team, developing, coordinating and delivering a coherent design, and seeing that through to construction.
Our studio is based in Hexham and we like all members of our team to be present at least three days a week to facilitate the exchange of ideas, the sharing of knowledge and experience.
- minimum three years’ post-qualification experience within the UK
- relevant degree in architecture
- Revit proficiency
- UK driving licence with own car
- experience working on UK based building regulations packages
- excellent technical detailing ability
- proactive and ambitious approach to projects
- demonstrate high level of diligence, multitasking and organisational skills
- excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- experience in both new build and refurbishment/extension/conversion projects
- designing high-quality buildings
- working across all RIBA stages
- production and of technical working drawing packages
- managing other consultants and design coordination
- production of specifications and schedules
- supporting junior team members
- playing an active part in quality assurance
- preparation of risk assessments and other CDM documentation
- working closely with contractors, fielding queries and problem solving
- assisting with project programming and managing timescales
- liaison with relevant authorities e.g. planning officers, building inspectors, utility providers etc.
- involvement in administering building contracts (mentorship provided)
Please apply by sending your cover letter, CV and concise portfolio (PDF format, sent via WeTransfer if larger than 10MB) demonstrating how you meet the above requirements by using the link below.
Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience (£35k – £45k).