Gresford Architects is recruiting a Part 1 architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Gresford Architects is a friendly, growing practice based in London and Oxford with a passion for beautiful, contemporary design and sustainable building (especially Passivhaus). We are currently looking for a motivated Architectural Assistant with good design skills to undertake a variety of work in the London and home counties area. RIBA Part 1 qualifications are essential.
Working on all aspects of architectural design, from presentations for clients to the preparation of drawings for contractors. This work can include drafting and 3D modelling, preparing for meetings, applications and presentations as well as maintaining project files.
Typical work activities include, but are not limited to:
- creating drawings both by hand and by using specialist CAD software, including 3D modelling, CGI
- developing concept designs
- preparing planning applications
- contributing to reports, proposals and applications
- architectural model making
- attending site visits to accompany the project architect when required
- playing a part in the smooth running of the office and its administrative practices
- highly proficient in AutoCAD and SketchUp
- organised, with excellent time management
- friendly, outgoing manner
Desirable skills or experience:
- InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- planning submissions
- knowledge of building regulations
- experience with “green” technologies
Please only apply if you have the experience outlined above.
Salary: please submit your salary expectations with your application
Gresford Architects Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Further information about our practice, services and portfolio can be found on our website at www.gresfordarchitects.co.uk
A CV and portfolio (max file size 2MB) should be submitted by clicking the apply button below (no agencies). Only successful candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 14 days of submitting your CV we regret to say that your application has been unsuccessful.