GroundTruth Creative is looking for an experienced designer to join its team in London.
GroundTruth Creative was founded by sisters Sophia, Georgia and Nina Scott. We are a brand new company launching in early 2019, making the first 100% recycled PET (plastic bottles collected from the oceans) stylish and durable backpack on the market. The first prototype has already been tested in Antarctica earlier this year by our brand ambassador and British polar explorer Robert Swan.
We’re a team with traveling in our blood, and in 2017 we decided to create a unique range of travel goods for those who travel to the farthest corners of our planet. At the heart of GroundTruth is our drive to build a company that protects the planet instead of destroying it.
Working with breakthrough plastic-to-fabric technologies, we’re creating a new generation of products that are truly 100% recycled and green.
The position would include work trips to our factory in Indonesia during design and production stages.
GroundTruth Creative is looking for an experienced and innovative person to work on developing and designing our line of products. This includes backpacks, camera bags and laptop sleeves which work as standalone items and fit neatly into the main modular backpack.
- a keen eye and knowledge on contemporary and technical design
- design main backpacks
- design camera bag and laptop sleeves
- design the accessories for all ranges such as keychains, small modular detachable pouches, zip pullers
- bring new and innovative ideas for sourcing recycled material and component options
- working independently and/or closely with the GroundTruth team at their office in west London
- experience in designing bags, preferably backpacks
- can-do attitude and ability to problem-solve and bring new ideas for design
ability to use Illustrator, Photoshop, SolidWorks, CAD, Rhino and or similar
- attention to detail
- possibility of travel to our factories in Indonesia
- excellent communication skills
- ability to work alone
- a keen visual and graphic eye
- ability to work collaboratively
- high level of professionalism
- preferably some experience in using recycled material
- an interest in working for a sustainably minded company
We are looking for someone to work a minimum of three day week, can be full time or part-time.
Evenings as required for a deadline.
Salary will be commensurate with ability and experience.
How to apply
Applications to be addressed to Sophia Scott, using the ‘apply’ link below and must include:
- CV as a PDF attachment
- cover letter outlining in brief what your current role is, your relevant experience and why you would like to work for GroundTruth Creative