GTH/architects are looking for an associate designate to join its team in London.
We are an award-winning, design-driven practice with an exciting range of projects.
We are looking for a talented, motivated individual who shares our enthusiasm for sustainable people centred buildings and places.
The successful candidate will have at least five to six years’ post-Part 3 experience and be able to demonstrate a strong track record of delivering projects through all RIBA work stages.
We are interested in meeting architects with the following attributes:
- proven project leadership and client facing experience and ability to form healthy working relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- an appetite to engage with management activities and to contribute to the development and promotion of the practice among the existing team and with existing and potential clients
- an independent interest, compatible with the practice’s core preoccupations and be motivated to further develop this with a view to sharing your expertise internally and rolling it out externally in the development of business opportunity
- a genuinely collaborative approach to working with and managing a team
- excellent verbal presentation skills
- strong written communication skills
- flexibility, nimbleness and a willingness to pitch in when needs must
- open mindedness, diligent, thorough, organised along with a natural enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- critical thinking and conceptual rigour
- a positive, flexible work ethic
- a comprehensive understanding of UK planning and regulatory frameworks
- experience in the production of planning, tender and working drawings packages
- experience in the development and management of project workflows
- demonstrable working knowledge of Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- ability to draw by hand
What you can expect from us:
- an open and refreshing attitude that offers real potential for you to make an impact and develop your career through to taking on management responsibility
- friendly and flexible working environment in London Bridge in addition to working from home where your contribution will be genuinely encouraged and valued
- a team that has a vibrant mix of youth and experience – the perfect place to develop your professional, design and technical skills whilst working on a variety of challenging projects
- current projects include major residential, commercial and education works, varying in size from commercial fit-outs of £500k to 200-unit housing schemes
- salary commensurate with experience and London weighting
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a small practice and to play a meaningful role in the delivery of significant projects, we want to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV, a covering letter and a concise portfolio showing your best work. These documents should be attached as PDFs, without links using the apply for job button below.
GTH/architects are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom