GTH/architects is looking for an experienced architect or technician to join our team in London.
We are an award-winning, design-driven practice with an exciting range of projects.
We are looking for a talented, motivated individual who shares our enthusiasm for sustainable, people centred buildings and places.
The successful candidate will have at least five years post qualification experience and be able to demonstrate a strong track record of working on projects through all RIBA work stages, with particular emphasis on successful technical delivery of projects in RIBA Stage 4 onwards.
We are interested in meeting architects with the following attributes:
- a genuinely collaborative approach to working as part of a team
- excellent verbal presentation skills
- strong written communication skills
- ability to form good relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- flexibility, nimbleness and a willingness to pitch in when needs must
- open mindedness, enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- critical thinking and conceptual rigour
- a positive, flexible work ethic
- a comprehensive understanding of UK planning, building regulations and regulatory frameworks
- experience in the production of planning, tender and working drawings packages
- demonstrable thorough knowledge of Revit
- ability to draw by hand
What you can expect from us:
- an open and refreshing attitude that offers real potential for you to make an impact
- a friendly and flexible working environment in London Bridge, with an option for working from home possible, where your contribution will be genuinely encouraged and valued
- a team that has a vibrant mix of youth and experience – the perfect place to develop your professional, design and technical skills whilst working on a variety of challenging projects
- an expectation that outside of project commitments you will be able to grow your expertise in key areas – eg. off-site construction, sustainable design or BIM/virtual construction
- real responsibility and an opportunity to progress and challenge yourself
- salary commensurate with experience and London weighting
- current projects include major residential, commercial and education works, varying in size from commercial fit-outs of £500k to 200-unit housing schemes
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a small practice and to play a meaningful role in the delivery of significant projects, we want to hear from you.
Please apply with your CV, a covering letter and a concise portfolio showing your best work. These documents should be attached as PDFs, without links using the apply for job button below.
GTH/architects are an equal opportunities employer.
Please note we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom