Senior and mid-weight interior architect/designer
at Gunter & Co
Gunter & Co is seeking a mid-weight and senior interior architect or interior designer to join its team in London.
Gunter & Co, founded in 2014 with a team of thirteen, are currently offering an outstanding opportunity for a midweight (minimum three years’ experience) and senior interior architect/interior designer (minimum six years’ experience) for a full time, permanent position. You will be working from home and our Battesea Studio.
Full time position with an immediate start.
- Outlook (for email and diary management including calendar function)
- Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Publisher
- excellent level of written and spoken English
You will be responsible for between two and three projects from start to completion including all interior architectural and FF&E designs. Part of the larger team, you will work on your day-to day tasks within a small team of two to three designers.
You will be carrying out the following core tasks:
- creating mood boards and concept designs
- researching and creating presentation for all interior architectural fixtures and finishes
- CAD for RCP, GA’s, elevations and room plans
- SketchUp drawings for joinery designs as well as full rooms including panelling, windows and full interior architectural detailing – this is a key skill
- presenting confidently to clients, overseen by the design director and/or founder with you taking the main lead
- carrying out site visits to oversee construction progress
- researching and creating FF&E designs & presentations including bespoke furniture designs
- visiting suppliers to inspect quality of FF&E pieces, specifying and scheduling for entire FF&E packages, liaising with suppliers and contractors, procurement and on-site coordination and installation
If you would like to be considered for this position, you must have the following qualities:
- have a modern design outlook, we’re looking for someone with a fun and creative design outlook – our clients are looking for a luxurious eclectic style
- you must be a creative, passionate and diligent interior designer with a keen eye for detail and a thorough way of working, being organised is a key part of the job
- be technically minded – do you know the difference between a partition and party wall? Our clients love our team because they don’t just know how to design but how to get things built and aren’t shy from asking a plumber what the logic is behind the position of the pipework for a WC – this level of technical skill is something we encourage you to know
- professional communication skills to keep suppliers in check and maintain procedures to keep suppliers and clients accountable for their commitments – good organisation and friendly communications skills are very important. If you’re shy of picking up the phone and chasing people, this is not the job for you
- having a good capacity to think on your feet and be commercially minded
- have good math skills
- good knowledge of suppliers and experience in sourcing interior architectural hard finishes and fixtures and FF&E from a wide spectrum beyond Chelsea Harbour, especially vintage and antique finds
- on-site construction experience liaising with suppliers and contractors and ensuring that design-intent and quality is maintained to a maximum level
- formal training in architecture or interior architecture, this is not an FF&E only role
- be open to working as a team, we all do random ad-hoc tasks like writing Christmas cards once in a while
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your CV and portfolio via the apply for job button below.
Note, Gunter & Co do not intend to provide visa sponsorship for this role.
Salary guide for mid-weight designer £32-38k depending on experience
Salary guide for senior designer £43-50k depending on experience