guò bàn ér is seeking a junior architect to join its team in Beijing, China.
At guò bàn ér – 过半儿 we are looking for architects to join our Beijing Studio. We don’t really look at where you studied or worked, though we are looking for a killer portfolio. We are a new studio where you will become part of a network of informal, personal connections and cross-over opportunities that positively inform our casual company structure. Teaching will be our contribution to broadening your outlook. If you are imaginative and like to get your hands dirty at site visits, send us an email or add me on WeChat (WeChat ID: ChristianTaeubert).
We focus passionately on the issues of renewal and making. You will be working on projects centered on revitalisation and the transformation of existing buildings. You will work on the design, delivery, and execution of these projects. You will be part of site visits that are essential to delivering our claim ‘We create simple and practical solutions that are beautiful.’
- bachelor degree or above majoring in architecture or interior design
- two years of work experience
- proficient in Auto Cad and SketchUp
- good knowledge of Adobe Suite
- keen sense of aesthetics and solid design skills
- robust communication skills
- commitment to a shared outcome
- dependability and esprit de corps
- bilingual in Chinese and English
Please email your cover letter in English, CV, and work samples (PDF format less than 10MB) using the ‘apply’ link below. Please do not send download links. Please state when you are available within the cover letter.
Company WeChat account: 过半儿.