Gustafson Porter + Bowman has a vacancy for an experienced French-speaking architect/engineer to join its firm in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating authentically engaging spaces in a global portfolio. Our winning proposal for the City of Paris’ Eiffel Tower landscape design commission was announced in June 2019 for completion before the 2024 Paris Olympics. The practice has the great privilege of working on this unique and prestigious project through the coming years.
We are currently looking for a passionate and ambitious architect or engineer to join us at our London practice to assist with the project management of the Eiffel Tower project. Applicants should be experienced in all design stages, including construction stage services, have a very high level of French and English language skills, be able to help coordinate a multidisciplinary team and to travel to Paris for meetings, generally one or two days a week. We would like the successful candidate to join our friendly, sociable and hard-working team in early 2020.
Essential skills and experience:
- six-plus years’ experience in all design stages, from ‘Avant Projet’ to ‘VISA’ on-site on large scale public realm projects
- advanced large-scale project management skills
- high-level of English and French language skills (both oral and written)
- confidence liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals, and the experience and surety to diplomatically manage the politics of a large project with many contributors
- proficiency in project management-level relevant software packages including InDesign, Word, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD. Additional graphic and 3D skills would also be desirable
- self-motivated, willing to take on challenges, solve problems, and maintain a collaborative team player approach
The practice offers a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment, with a regular CPD schedule and design review sessions. Training allowances, language classes and an active social calendar contribute to the extensive and diverse career experience which Gustafson Porter + Bowman provide.
Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates and those with the right to work freely in the UK or who hold a current valid working visa.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an equal opportunities employer and committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and applicants equally. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status. All applications will be considered on merit alone.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.