Gustafson Porter + Bowman is hiring a French-speaking landscape architect or architect to join its studio in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating authentically engaging spaces in a global portfolio. Our winning proposal for the City of Paris’ Eiffel Tower landscape design commission has just been announced. The practice now has the great privilege of working on this unique and prestigious project through the coming years.
We are looking for a passionate and ambitious landscape architect or architect to join us to work on of the Eiffel Tower project. Applicants should be experienced in all design stages, including construction stage services, have a very high level of French and English-language skills, be able to help coordinate a multidisciplinary team and travel between Paris and London. We would like the successful candidate to join our friendly, sociable and hard-working team based near Camden at the start of 2020.
Essential skills and experience:
- five+ years’ experience in all design stages, from ‘avant-projet’ to ‘visa’ on-site on large-scale public-realm projects
- high-level of English and French-language skills (both oral and written)
- excellent design skills with the ability to communicate coherent and well-resolved ideas clearly
- proficiency in all relevant software packages (AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Word, and also preferably Rhino)
- advanced project management skills and demonstrable experience of the day-to-day running of large-scale public realm projects with a multidisciplinary team
- confidence liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals (in French), and the ability to develop and reinforce strong relationships with them
- self-motivated, willing to take on challenges, solve problems, and maintain a collaborative team player approach
The practice offers a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment, with a regular CPD schedule and design review sessions. Training allowances, language classes and an active social calendar contribute to the extensive and diverse career experience which Gustafson Porter + Bowman provide.
Unfortunately, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates and those with the right to work freely In the UK or who hold a current valid working visa.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an equal opportunities employer and committed to a policy of treating all of its employees and applicants equally.
No person shall receive less favorable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status.
All applications will be considered on merit alone.