Gustafson Porter + Bowman is hiring a landscape architect to join its team in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is looking for a landscape architect with at least three years’ professional experience, to join our friendly, hard-working, and collaborative team at our studio in Camden Town, London.
This role is also suitable for an urban designer or architect with a demonstrable interest in landscape.
We are an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating engaging and beautiful spaces around the world. Landscape architects at our practice undertake a wide range of duties on their projects and are involved from inception to completion. Supported and guided by senior colleagues and a partner, they work on design, planting, detailing as well as supporting cost estimating, preparation of contract and tender documentation, tendering and administration of contracts and all works on site to completion.
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- at least three years’ post-graduate experience, with good experience in all stages of design
- accomplished design, hand sketching and graphic skills with the ability to communicate coherent and well-resolved ideas clearly
- proficiency in relevant software packages, such as BIM360, NBS, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Office 365; competency in 3D modelling using Rhino and Revit desirable
- good English language skills, both written and spoken
- demonstrable experience of the day-to-day running of a small to medium project and managing a project team
- ambition, talent and a desire to develop into a strong and independent project lead, managing medium to large-sized landscape projects
- confidence in liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals, and the ability to develop strong relationships with them
- able to undertake BIM author level responsibilities
- commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity in all working practices
- a team player approach, willing to assist others and to share and contribute to the learning outcomes of the whole practice
In return, we offer a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment, with a regular CPD schedule throughout the year, design review sessions and the opportunity to work on prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide, ensuring an extensive and diverse career experience. We offer all our staff hybrid working and TOIL, an enhanced company pension, annual training allowances, financial support and study leave for advancing professional qualifications, a cycle scheme and tech scheme, and an active social calendar.
Closing date for applications: Friday 20 October 2023
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary: dependent on experience
How to apply
Please send your CV, cover letter including salary expectations, notice period and work permit status as applicable, and portfolio (not more than 8 MB) via the apply for job button below.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an equal opportunities employer and committed to a policy of treating its employees and applicants equally. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status.
No agencies please.
Please note we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.