Gustafson Porter + Bowman is recruiting a part-time marketing manager as a maternity cover to join its team in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating engaging and beautiful spaces around the world.
We are looking for an outgoing, experienced and ambitious marketing manager to join our friendly and collaborative team based in Camden, London. This role is integral to our practice, helping to grow our UK and international profile and to promote wider awareness of high-quality landscape architecture in the natural and built environments. They will work in close collaboration with the new business manager, as well with as the partners and design team members.
The successful candidate will be available for 24-32 hours a week. This is a fixed-term maternity cover role, lasting ten months (approx.).
- create and maintain in-house written and graphic marketing materials including project sheets, biographies, team CVs, brochures, display boards, press releases, presentations
- strategise and implement content on digital and social platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn) and website
- maintain relationships with media outlets (digital and print) and grow company profile through interviews, opinion pieces, articles, etc.
- identify potential speaking and networking opportunities for partners and senior staff and support with presentation material. Coordinate requirements for conferences and lectures
- identify potential award opportunities and complete submissions
- identify internal and external event opportunities and implement
- organise photography commissions for GP+B’s projects
- manage marketing budget
- maintain and update Open Asset image database and the press and projects archive
- manage practice templates and ensure brand consistency across all output
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- three to five years’ experience in a similar role, with ambition, creative talent and commercial drive
- strong knowledge of the architecture and landscape architecture industry
- excellent English language communication and proof-reading skills, with the ability to write engaging and relevant text in the house-style
- proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop and Microsoft Office
- experience in managing budgets
- confident liaising with collaborators and other professionals, acting as an ambassador for the practice
- able to take key direction as well as work independently, identifying priorities and working within tight deadlines
- committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all working practices
In return, we offer a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment from our studio near Camden Town in London, with the opportunity to work on prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide. We offer all our staff hybrid working and TOIL, a company pension, a regular CPD schedule, annual training allowances, financial support and study leave for advancing professional qualifications, a cycle scheme and tech scheme, and have an active social calendar.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17 February 2023
Start date: mid-April 2023
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 full time equivalent (actual salary based on 24-32 hours pro rata)
How to apply: please send your CV, cover letter including salary expectations, notice period and work permit status as applicable, and portfolio (not more than 8MB) via the ‘apply for job’ button below.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an Equal Opportunities Employer and committed to a policy of treating its employees and applicants equally. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status.
No agencies please.
Please note we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.