Gustafson Porter + Bowman has an opportunity for a project landscape architect with three plus years’ experience to join its team in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is looking for a design-led project landscape architect with demonstrable planting knowledge and at least three years’ post-graduate experience to join our friendly, hard-working and collaborative team.
We are an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating engaging and beautiful spaces around the world.
Project Landscape Architects at our practice undertake the full scope of landscape architecture duties on their projects and are involved from inception to completion. Supported and guided by senior colleagues and a partner, they work on design, planting, detailing, as well as supporting cost estimating, preparation of contract and tender documentation, tendering and administration of contracts and all works on site to completion. This role is also suitable for an architect with experience in landscape architecture.
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- ambition, talent, and a desire to develop into a strong and independent project lead, managing medium to large-sized landscape projects
- accomplished design, hand sketching and graphic skills with the ability to communicate coherent and well-resolved ideas clearly
- at least three years’ post-graduate experience, with good experience in all stages of design
- good plant knowledge and experience in planting design
- proficiency in all relevant software packages (Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Office 365). Competency in 3d modelling using Rhino would be preferable
- able to undertake Task Team Manager level BIM responsibilities
- excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
- demonstrable experience of the day-to-day running of a small to medium project and managing a project team
- confidence in liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals, and the ability to develop strong relationships with them
- commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity in all working practices
- a team player approach, willing to assist others, and to share and contribute to the learning outcomes of the whole practice
In return, we offer a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment from our studio near Camden Town in London, with a regular CPD schedule throughout the year, design review sessions, and the opportunity to work on prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide, ensuring an extensive and diverse career experience. We offer all our staff hybrid working and TOIL, a company pension, annual training allowances, financial support and study leave for advancing professional qualifications, a cycle scheme and tech scheme and an active social calendar.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17 February 2023
Start date: ASAP
Salary: dependent on experience
How to apply: please send your CV, cover letter including salary expectations, notice period and work permit status as applicable, and portfolio (not more than 8MB) via the apply for job button below.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an Equal Opportunities Employer and committed to a policy of treating its employees and applicants equally. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status.
No agencies please.
Please note we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.