Gustafson Porter + Bowman has an opportunity for a senior landscape architect to join its practice in London.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is looking for a senior landscape architect with at least five years’ professional experience to join our friendly, hard-working and collaborative team at our studio in Camden Town, London.
This role is also suitable for a senior urban designer or senior architect with demonstrable experience in landscape.
We are an award-winning leading landscape architecture practice which has received public acclaim for creating engaging and beautiful spaces around the world. Senior landscape architects at our practice undertake the full scope of duties on their projects from inception to completion. Supported and guided by senior colleagues and a partner, they play a lead role in projects, ensuring that their team is well coordinated, deadlines and targets are met and efficient contract administration is achieved. They liaise directly with clients and sub-consultants, playing a key role in client management and satisfaction.
Applicants should have the following skills and experience:
- able to assist in the preparation and review of proposals and contracts
- demonstrable experience of the management and delivery of complex small and medium sized projects from inception to completion (including construction) on time, within budget and to client’s requirements
- demonstrable experience of managing a project team’s resourcing and administration
- confidence in working independently on planting concepts and detailed design development
- knowledge of relevant health and safety, CDM and risk assessments, ability to interpret and guard against potential problems relating to site conditions, safety and quality control
- proficiency in relevant software packages, such as BIM360, NBS, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Office 365; competency in 3D modelling using Rhino and Revit desirable
- CMLI or on the pathway to chartership or equivalent qualifications
- excellent English language skills, both written and spoken
- ability to undertake task team manager level BIM responsibilities
- confidence in liaising with clients, contractors and other professionals, and the ability to develop strong relationships with them
- a team player approach, willing to assist others, and to share and contribute to the learning outcomes of the whole practice
- willingness to undertake other related responsibilities commensurate with the evolving objectives of the post, as may reasonably requested by the partners
- a commitment to diversity and equality of opportunity in all working practices
In return, we offer a collaborative, stimulating and inspiring working environment, with a regular CPD schedule throughout the year, design review sessions and the opportunity to work on prestigious projects in the UK and worldwide, ensuring an extensive and diverse career experience. We offer all our staff hybrid working and TOIL, an enhanced company pension, annual training allowances, financial support and study leave for advancing professional qualifications, a cycle scheme and tech scheme, and an active social calendar.
Closing date for applications: Friday 20 October 2023
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary: dependent on experience
How to apply
Please send your CV, cover letter including salary expectations, notice period and work permit status as applicable, and portfolio (not more than 8 MB) via the apply for job button below.
Gustafson Porter + Bowman is an equal opportunities employer and committed to a policy of treating its employees and applicants equally. No person shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexuality, disability, social class or marital status.
No agencies please.
Please note we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.