Hale Brown Architects is hiring a project architect to join its team in London.
We are seeking an experienced project architect to join our growing studio to work on a number of prestigious new projects in London and elsewhere in the UK.
Specific jobs are a £10million refurbishment of a Grade 2 listed building in central London to create ‘best-in-class’ office, a £12million office extension and refurbishment in Fitzrovia and a new-build, earth-sheltered golf clubhouse
HBA work across a number of sectors with great clients, so we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated team leader, who can display a suitable range of experience across all RIBA work stages. You will ideally have a high-level of experience in Vectorworks and proficiency in 3D visualisation and technical detailing along with site experience of a large project to practical completion.
HBA can offer you the opportunity of running interesting, challenging projects and getting client-facing experience as well as career progression for those looking for that opportunity.
- experience in RIBA stages three to five for workplace/office projects and refurbishment
- site experience and ability to produce technical, co-ordinated drawing packages and write NBS specifications
- ideally, some experience of working on the refurbishment of listed buildings (although not conservation-led)
- experience of managing a design team of external consultants and co-ordinating structural and MEP information
- passion for producing interesting conceptual ideas, researching new materials and techniques and innovative detailing
- ability to put together InDesign documents/presentations and get key ideas across to clients with relevant imagery and text
- ability to manage meetings and present ideas and important to the client and other stakeholders verbally
- software skills – Vectorworks (2D and 3D), SketchUp, Adobe, NBS Chorus
- enthusiasm, motivation, energy and a sense of humour
- strong awareness of current sustainability and ESG factors within the design and construction industry
Please submit a covering letter along with a CV and portfolio (max. size 10MB), including relevant experience and examples of CAD and 3D work, as well as hand-drawn sketches and technical detailing – via the apply for job button below. All material will be handled confidentially.