Handel Architects has an opportunity for an architectural designer with exterior detailing experience to join its firm in New York, USA.
Handel Architects is an award-winning full-service architecture, interior design and planning firm committed to design excellence. Our New York, San Francisco, Boston and Hong Kong studios are looking for smart, creative and motivated people to work on projects from initial concept through construction documentation and administration. Our firm is dedicated to mentoring the ‘whole architect’ and has a formalized professional development program. We also offer a variety of employee initiated interest groups such as Diversity in Architecture, Sustainable Design, and Computational Design, among others.
Handel Architects is seeking an architectural designer with eight+ years of exterior wall experience to continue the excellence the firm is known for in documents, detailing, and design. You will have the opportunity to work on projects with a high level of design in collaboration with senior team members and the opportunity to mentor junior staff.
- experience in mixed-use mid or high-rise development projects, developer experience a plus
- communication with client and consultant team
- technical production of drawing sets
- technical detailing and construction administration
- Software skills required: AutoCAD and Revit
- knowledge of construction methods
- great interpersonal communication skills
- management of junior team members
- professional degree in architecture
- licensure and LEED accreditation a plus
- fluent in English, spoken and written
We want your energy, creativity, and thirst for transforming great ideas into built reality! Our office provides full benefits, some including: health benefits, competitive PTO, parental leave, 401K match, reimbursement and mentoring for ARE exams, and Whiteboard Groups. What are Whiteboard Groups? Check them out here! https://handelarchitects.com/firm/people-and-culture