Handel Architects is seeking a graphic designer to join its team in New York.
Handel Architects is an award-winning architecture firm with offices in New York City, Boston, San Francisco, and Hong Kong. Our work includes interior design, architecture and urban design and aims to leverage individual opportunities to create something greater: positive urban and social change. We are a fast-paced and results-driven company, and are always looking for people that share our passion.
Our New York office is currently looking for a graphic designer with one to five years’ professional experience in the architecture industry to assist in the visual communication of the firm’s mission. Professional experience to assist in the visual communication of the firm’s mission. The ideal candidate is proactive, with well-developed critical thinking skills who is able to process, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise.
In addition to a resume, please send a PDF portfolio that you feel represents your best work here. Maximum of 20 pages and 16MB.
- shaping the firm’s visual identity
- collaborating with architecture and interiors design teams to visually communicate a variety of concepts
- collaborating with the marketing team to produce branded presentations and proposals
- furthering the firm’s graphics style and brand to ensure that we continue to be seen as modern and relevant
- working directly with the firm’s partners to research, conceptualise, and design presentations
- designing branded materials in both print and digital formats, including brochures and advertisements
- creating environmental graphics, signage, murals, logos, wallpaper, etc
- creating or maintaining graphic content of the website/social media outlets
- composing branded digital newsletters and e-blasts
- maintaining firm-wide images database
- acting as a resource on all graphic design and graphic software related issues for the firm
The ideal candidate will have a very strong graphic sensibility with an attention to detail. The candidate will need to have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and an ability to multitask under tight deadlines. High proficiency in Adobe CC Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is required. Social media acuity is a plus.
We want your energy, pro activeness, and collaborative mindset to support our growing firm! Our office provides full benefits, including: health benefits, competitive PTO, 401(K), reimbursement and mentoring for ARE exams, and Whiteboard Groups. What are Whiteboard Groups? Check them out here.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States