Handel Architects is on the hunt for a junior graphic designer to join its team in New York.
The New York office is currently looking for a junior graphic designer to assist in the visual communication of the firm’s mission. The ideal candidate is proactive, with well-developed critical thinking skills who is able to process, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner as they arise.
- shaping the firm’s visual identity
- collaborating with architecture and interiors design teams to visually communicate a variety of concepts
- collaborating with the marketing team to produce branded presentations and proposals
- furthering the firm’s graphics style and brand to ensure that we continue to be seen as modern and relevant
- working directly with the firm’s partners to research, conceptualize, and design presentations
- designing branded materials in both print and digital formats, including brochures and advertisements
- creating environmental graphics, signage, murals, logos, wallpaper, etc.
- creating or maintaining graphic content of the website/social media outlets
- composing branded digital newsletters and e-blasts
- maintaining firmwide images database
- acting as a resource on all graphic design and graphic software related issues for the firm
The ideal candidate will have at least two-three years of experience in the architecture/interiors industry, and will have very strong typography and graphic sensibility. Attention to detail is critical, and an ability to multitask under tight deadlines. The candidate will need to have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and will need to be extremely skilled in Adobe CC Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Social media acuity a plus.
Please send a PDF portfolio with a minimum of 10 pages, and a maximum of 20 pages (Max 16MB). Only include work in which you were the primary designer. No phone calls, please.
Please apply through the company website.