Happy Building is seeking a Part 1/2 architectural assistant to join its team in Sutton, UK.
Happy Building is a forward thinking and progressive architecture and construction company based in Cheam Village, Sutton going through a big growth. We specialise in the design and delivery of new build works, extensions, basements, loft conversions, interior refurbishments and renovations. The Happy Building team is a highly entrepreneurial team always striving to find better and more efficient solutions to their work whilst providing an outstanding level of service to their clients.
We are currently looking to expand our team to accommodate another strong team player to our team of ten. The Part 1/2 architectural assistant will work alongside the in house architects in the delivery of the design projects by producing detailed measured surveys.
The successful candidate will have:
- a minimum of three years’ experience as a Part 1 or a Part 2 architectural assistant working in a UK practice
- experience with surveying and design work on residential properties
- experience with planning legislation and submitting planning applications
- creative design flair with good presentation skills, proven capability in delivering accurate drawings and a good knowledge of construction
- ability to work independently to deadlines and project deliverables
- proficiency in working with AutoCAD Photoshop, Word and Excel is required
- willingness to learn new software for workflow management
- excellent communication skills and the ability to work remotely or in the office with the same ease
- living within a 30 minute distance commute from Happy Building’s office or intending to relocate
- driving license
- vsiting properties with a company car and recording accurately and in detail buildings of mostly residential use to assist the Architects in preparing proposal schemes and planning drawings
- producing measured survey drawings using AutoCad as per the architects’ requirements, creating plans, elevations and sections of the buildings
- the candidate will have their own design projects and will be responsible for the delivery of those projects from Survey and Brief Meeting to Construction, as well as assist the Senior Architects with measuring up and drawings surveys in Cad
- the role is a full-time contract role for a month, with the intention of it turning into a permanent full-time position within the company
- this is an asap start
Salary: £25,000-£30,000pa depending on experience
Start date: immediate
- working with a fun and enthusiastic team of people
- regular office social activities
- regular training
- senior architects’ support
If you think you have the above qualities and would like to become part of our team, please send your CV with work examples by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.
The interview would be carried out in two phases – 1) a Zoom interview 2) If the candidate is successful they would be invited to take an office practical test (measure up and draw up in CAD a quick survey).