Harding and Read is looking for a talented and ambitious CAD technician to join its west London design studio.
Harding and Read is a recognised authority on creating liveable, soulful places, characterised by colour, attention to detail and an eclectic mix of found items.
You will be part of a friendly, dynamic team, working in a stimulating, open plan, studio environment. We take great care to look after each member of the company and to promote their professional development. You will be working on an exciting mix of residential and commercial projects. We have a dedicated procurement officer and an in-house financial manager to support the design team.
You will love problem-solving and have a creative mindset. It’s your passion to bring designs to life, work out the finer details and build the bridge between designers, architects and the different trades. You are excellent at prioritising and switching back and forth between multiple projects.
- producing detailed technical drawings with a sufficient level of detail based on concept images or sketches; drawings will include furniture layouts, elevations or sections, electrical plans and detailed drawings for e.g. custom joinery, kitchens or bathrooms
- identifying technical design flaws and coming up with proactive design resolutions
- compiling comprehensive drawing packages for submissions to accompany designers’ schemes
- ensuring compliance of designs with BS building standards, both for residential and commercial projects
- collaborative work approach with other team members and design disciplines
Experience and qualifications:
- two-plus years’ post-qualification experience of high-end residential and/or boutique commercial projects
- an understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
- competent producer of detailed drawings
- exceptional attention to detail and some knowledge of materials and finishes
- good knowledge of relevant British Standards
- excellent time management and organisational skills
- experience of liaising with architects, consultants, specialists and suppliers
- very experienced user of AutoCAD or Vectorworks
- experienced user of Microsoft Office
- excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- knowledge of SketchUp would be beneficial
Salary: competitive salary, dependent on experience
Location: west London
Closing date for applications: January 2020
This is a full-time position. All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply, please submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below and include:
- CV with a covering letter explaining your current role and responsibilities and your aspirations for the new job
- portfolio showing extensive examples of your own technical drawings