Harding and Read is looking for a talented and ambitious senior interior designer to join its growing west London design studio.
Harding & Read is a recognised authority on creating liveable, soulful places, characterised by antiques, colour and attention to detail.
You will be part of a small, friendly, dynamic team, working in an inspiring and nurturing studio environment. We take great care to look after each member of the company, and to promote their professional development. You will be working on an exciting mix of residential and commercial projects. We have a dedicated procurement officer and an in-house financial manager to support the design team.
You will need to be highly creative, have a strategic mind and be excellent at problem-solving. You will have an interest in the history of styles, period detailing and antiques, as well as understanding current trends. You will be a keen researcher and have an appetite for colour, texture and the blending of personal and cultural histories.
- developing the creative vision in collaboration with the creative director
- resourcing and costing potential jobs for fee proposals
- managing and delivering projects on time, on budget and to the highest standard
- leading and mentoring other team members, developing their abilities as designers
- designing joinery, bespoke furniture, lighting and fixed finishes
- selecting, sourcing and coordinating detailed design packages, FF&E and specifications for tender
- attending and/or leading site meetings as representative of the client
- taking responsibility for all financial information concerning each project
Experience and qualifications:
- four plus years’ post-qualification experience of high-end residential and commercial projects
- proven track record of leading projects from concept to delivery
- demonstrable project management and budgeting skills
- good grasp of interior architecture
- experienced producer of detailed drawings, schedules and specifications
- excellent leadership, time management and organisational skills
- exceptional attention to detail and extensive knowledge of materials, finishes, detailing and scheduling
- free-hand sketching skills and experience of modelling programs
- ability to present design concepts and ideas with confidence and passion
- experience of liaising with architects, consultants, specialists and suppliers
- proficient in Vectorworks and Estimac (or similar procurement software)
- Illustrator and Indesign (or similar)
- excellent communication skills in English (verbal, written and visual)
Salary: competitive salary, dependent on experience
Location: west London
Closing date for applications: September 2019
To apply, please submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below and include:
- CV with a covering letter explaining your current role and responsibilities and your aspirations for a new job
- portfolio including examples of your own technical drawings
- three images of interiors that you love
This is a full-time position. All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.