Harding and Read has an opening for a talented and ambitious senior interior designer to join its growing west London design studio.
Job description: senior interior designer
Harding & Read is a recognised authority on creating liveable, soulful places, characterised by colour, attention to detail and an eclectic mix of found items.
You will be part of a friendly, dynamic team, working in a stimulating, open plan, studio environment. We take great care to look after each member of the company and to promote their professional development. You will be working on an exciting mix of residential and commercial projects. We have a dedicated procurement officer and an in-house financial manager to support the design team.
You will have demonstrable ability to work with clients and consultants to establish briefs and fees, lead multiple projects and teams, show exceptional organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. You will share our interest in the history of styles, period detailing and antiques, as well as understanding current trends. You will have an appetite for colour, texture and the blending of personal and cultural histories.
- developing the studio’s creative vision in collaboration with the creative director and team
- resourcing and costing potential jobs and writing fee proposals
- managing and delivering projects on time, on budget and to the highest standard
- leading and mentoring other team members, developing their abilities as designers
- designing joinery, bespoke furniture, lighting and fixed finishes
- selecting, sourcing and coordinating detailed design packages, FF&E and specifications for tender
- leading site meetings as representative of the client
- taking responsibility for all financial information concerning each project
Experience and qualifications:
- five+ years’ post-qualification experience of high-end residential and commercial projects
- proven track record of leading projects from concept to delivery
- demonstrable project management and budgeting skills
- good grasp of interior architecture
- experienced competent producer of detailed drawings, schedules and specifications
- excellent leadership, time-management and organisational skills
- exceptional attention to detail and extensive knowledge of materials, finishes and detailing
- ability to present design concepts and ideas with confidence and passion
- experience of liaising with architects, consultants, specialists and suppliers
- proficient using resource and project-management software eg. Monday.com
- proficient in Vectorworks or AutoCAD
- experienced user of Estimate (or similar procurement software)
- experienced user of Microsoft Office
- good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (Illustrator beneficial)
- excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- freehand sketching skills and experience of modelling programs would be welcome
Salary: competitive salary, dependent on experience
Location: west London
Closing date for applications: January 2020
This is a full-time position. All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply, please submit your application using the ‘apply’ link below and include:
- CV with a covering letter explaining your current role and responsibilities and your aspirations for a new job
- portfolio including examples of your own technical drawings
- three images of interiors that you love