Harrison Stringfellow Architects is seeking a project architect to join its team in Liverpool, UK.
Following an increasing workload of interesting projects, Harrison Stringfellow is seeking a talented project architect to join our friendly studio in Liverpool.
Harrison Stringfellow is a creative, socially engaged practice, based in Liverpool, working throughout the UK. Our innovative approach to practice has been recognised with our selection as one of nine RIBA role model practices, the only firm in the north-west to hold this accolade, and more recently the 2020 MacEwen Award. We offer flexible working hours in a relaxed studio atmosphere (and decent coffee and cake) in our premises on Penny Lane. We are committed to the 2030 Climate Challenge and RIBA’s Inclusion and Diversity Charters.
We pay attention to both costs and environmental impact for all of our projects. Careful guidance, testing of ideas and attention to detail underpins all of our work. We work across a multitude of sectors and for a myriad of clients, ranging from community projects, hospitality, and residential through to boutique hotels – the majority of which are in the north of England and hyper-local, reflecting our sustainability policy.
The role requires a portfolio of delivered on-site job-running. The position is flexible but expected to be min. four days a week, the majority of which will be based in our studio.
The successful applicant will have the following skills:
- outstanding design talent and technical ability
- have worked at a similarly-sized, design-led practice
- well organised, able to work independently and manage the workflow of a small team
- be confident in coordinating and communicating with a multitude of consultants and contractors
- be able to source, specify and cost key building finishes inc FF&E
- have excellent digital/physical model making, sketching and Photoshop skills
- thorough knowledge of UK statutory regulations, contracts, procurement and delivery requirements
- have a keen interest in sustainability
- be able to engage successfully with stakeholders, community groups, and design teams
- be VectorWorks 2021 and SketchUp proficient
- be a team player, good at listening and collaboration
Please do not apply for this position if you do not have this experience. We regret that due to the large volume of applications we can only respond to successful candidates.
No recruitment agencies please.
Please submit your covering letter, CV and portfolio (PDFs only, not more than 10MB, no external links), salary expectations and detail why you think you would be suited to the role using the ‘apply’ below.
A fuller job description can be found on our website.
Please submit applications by 18 December 2020.