Harrods is looking for an assistant interior designer (fixed-term 12 month contract) to join its team in London.
We are looking to hire an assistant interior designer, with two to three years’ experience and a strong interest and ability in conceptual design and development in the high-end residential sector in London. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and talented designer looking to work on fast moving projects at scale, and interested in developing innovative design solution and smarter delivery processes.
The candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in interior design or architecture
- two+ years’ experience in interior design and/or architecture
- proficiency in InDesign and Photoshop, AutoCAD, Excel
- experience in high-end residential; knowledge in space planning a plus
- track record of delivering outstanding service
- focused, detail-oriented, and resourceful approach to problem solving
- self-directed with a high level of initiative, a positive can do attitude, and ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment
- be open to feedback and learning. Offer unsolicited feedback on how to improve system and procedures when opportunities arise. Take initiative to make positive change
- concise verbal, written, and graphic communication and presentation skills
- strong time management skills and experience managing multiple projects simultaneously, reliably meeting tight deadlines
- high level of comfort working with project schedule
- effectively move and transition based on need among project teams to address changes in project pipeline
- demonstrate leadership skills in assisting senior designer to produce quality projects. Assist as and when needed, take initiative
- effectively take direction and fulfil tasks to document and convey design requirements and design solutions to the broader design and construction team
- work with others disciplines to develop coordinated schematic level handover packages for consultant design teams and contractors
- specify FF&E and work with supply chain and procurement team members to generate and manage FF&E project schedules and tracking
- coordinate and collaborate with team across disciplines to ensure successful delivery of projects, from design through opening and closeout phases
Please submit your application, using the ‘apply’ link below.