Harrods is recruiting for a mid-weight interior architect or designer to join its studio in London for a 12 month fixed-term contract.
You will have a flexible and fully adaptive style of design and approach to the design process and demonstrate a high level all-round skill set in areas from; concept design, client briefs, FF&E, space planning including technical drawings, as well as with an active client facing personality.
The successful candidate will work exclusively on high-end hospitality and residential projects.
As a midweight designer with a focus on creativity and delivery, you will have experience successfully leading and delivering multiple complex interior architecture and fit-out projects on time, to budget and to completion. You will have experience working on and managing a medium team demonstrating exceptional design, coordination and management skills.
Required qualifications and experience:
- experience working in high-end residential design office
- proven portfolio of own work demonstrating design and delivery capabilities
- bachelor’s or masters degree in architecture or interior design from a credible university, preferably UK based
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- strong technical and design experience
- proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp
- proven track record in dealing with clients, supplier, consultants, contractors and other specialists in a professional manner
- proven experience in managing a team of designers and assistants and mentoring junior talent
- proven experience in running and delivering projects from initial concept to completion, to include: brief/concept design/developed design and FF&E/technical design/construction/site coordination/handover and post-completion snagging
- managing multiple projects simultaneously
- preparing and developing a written brief with the client and other consultants
- pleading project teams effectively, so that briefs are fully achieved within required timescales
- preparing and presenting design proposals to clients as well as building and growing existing client relationships
- working closely with design manager and project manager ensuring adequate program is set
- selecting and sourcing fabrics, wall coverings, flooring, window dressings, furniture, etc. and create mood boards to present to clients
- knowledgeable and comfortable working with brand guidelines and implementing them across channels
- creating detailed proposals, schedules including product specifications and pricing
- supervising the production and taking responsibility for the delivery of full design packages – concept designs, layout plans, FF&E selection, spec sheets, as well as preparing detailed construction drawings when required
- coordinating the work of the design team and sub-consultants as lighting
- coordinate with architects the detailed drawing packages for schematic design, detailed design and technical/tender phases, as well as having the technical knowledge and experience to review construction drawing packages, including construction detailing, joinery etc.
- managing and liaising with other professionals and sub-contractors to insure the design is executed correctly
- dealing with contractors, subcontractors and specialists to ensure site works are completed on time and on budget
- attending site/construction visit and report accordingly
- ensuring that projects run smoothly and all issues are dealt with calmly, quickly and efficiently
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.