Harrods is recruiting for a mid-weight interior architect or designer to join its studio in London for a 12 month fixed-term contract.
You will have a flexible and fully adaptive style of design and approach to the design process and demonstrate a high level all-round skill set in areas from; concept design, client briefs, FF&E, space planning including technical drawings, as well as with an active client facing personality.
The successful candidate will work exclusively on high-end hospitality and residential projects.
As a midweight designer with a focus on creativity and delivery, you will have experience successfully leading and delivering multiple complex interior architecture and fit-out projects on time, to budget and to completion. You will have experience working on and managing a medium team demonstrating exceptional design, coordination and management skills.
Required qualifications and experience:
- experience working in high-end residential design office
- proven portfolio of own work demonstrating design and delivery capabilities
- bachelor’s or masters degree in architecture or interior design from a credible university, preferably UK based
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- strong technical and design experience
- proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, InDesign, SketchUp
- proven track record in dealing with clients, supplier, consultants, contractors and other specialists in a professional manner
- proven experience in managing a team of designers and assistants and mentoring junior talent
- proven experience in running and delivering projects from initial concept to completion, to include: brief/concept design/developed design and FF&E/technical design/construction/site coordination/handover and post-completion snagging
- managing multiple projects simultaneously
- preparing and developing a written brief with the client and other consultants
- pleading project teams effectively, so that briefs are fully achieved within required timescales
- preparing and presenting design proposals to clients as well as building and growing existing client relationships
- working closely with design manager and project manager ensuring adequate program is set
- selecting and sourcing fabrics, wall coverings, flooring, window dressings, furniture, etc. and create mood boards to present to clients
- knowledgeable and comfortable working with brand guidelines and implementing them across channels
- creating detailed proposals, schedules including product specifications and pricing
- supervising the production and taking responsibility for the delivery of full design packages – concept designs, layout plans, FF&E selection, spec sheets, as well as preparing detailed construction drawings when required
- coordinating the work of the design team and sub-consultants as lighting
- coordinate with architects the detailed drawing packages for schematic design, detailed design and technical/tender phases, as well as having the technical knowledge and experience to review construction drawing packages, including construction detailing, joinery etc.
- managing and liaising with other professionals and sub-contractors to insure the design is executed correctly
- dealing with contractors, subcontractors and specialists to ensure site works are completed on time and on budget
- attending site/construction visit and report accordingly
- ensuring that projects run smoothly and all issues are dealt with calmly, quickly and efficiently
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom